dvd indash install question

This is a discussion on dvd indash install question within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; so i'm in the process of my install and i'm not exactly sure which wires to cut and solder. now ...

dvd indash install question

so i'm in the process of my install and i'm not exactly sure which wires to cut and solder. now i used this guide as a reference to the wiring harness.

Subaru WRX radio harness pin-out

my question is which wires do i connect my aftermarket harness too? i see two harnesses, one with only solid colors (that was connect to my stock HU) and another harness further back (the wires that connect directly to speakers, etc) with solid and stripe wires.

i don't really have experience with wiring but i'm leading towards splicing the harness with the solid/stripe wires and directly connecting my aftermarket harness to that, color to color

thanks guys.
    Portland, Oregon

05' Subaru World Rally Blue WRX

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

what year is your car? cuz that link wont work with the older models
    i just installed appradio 3 on my 13
    you connect his harness with the aftermakret harness *just match up the colors *

i got everything installed! turns out that harness i was speaking of was the stock AMP harness. i spliced color to color, though my aftermarket harness was different i followed the diagram.

my problem now is that my indash dvd player doesnt fit with my climate control trim. any suggestion with this? i'm thinking of just sanding down my trim.
    Portland, Oregon

05' Subaru World Rally Blue WRX