Speaker question?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Speaker question? within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; I have a 2013 WRB WRX if you couldn't tell from my name lol. I'm about to get the windows ...

Speaker question?

I have a 2013 WRB WRX if you couldn't tell from my name lol. I'm about to get the windows professionally tinted and I already bought the Poly Urethane mudflaps for the car and changed all the lighting to white led. As now for the speakers, we all know they are kind of cheap, they do not sound horrible but my parents mini-van sounds better lol. What kind of speakers would sound good for the car? It's either that or I was thinking about getting the OEM kicker sub. It claims it makes the other speakers sound better and it gives bass soo.. Any ideas?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Get a head unit and a sub with an amp. Then the door speakers won't be pushing out lows and can focus on the highs, which will make them sound better (plus the additional power coming from the aftermarket Head Unit). Don't get OEM, it is garbage and you can get much better quality for less with better brands.

Quote Originally Posted by 11blackSTi View Post
    Get a head unit and a sub with an amp. Then the door speakers won't be pushing out lows and can focus on the highs, which will make them sound better (plus the additional power coming from the aftermarket Head Unit). Don't get OEM, it is garbage and you can get much better quality for less with better brands.

Can you link some suggestions please? and will this void my warranty because my car only has 2000 miles on it x)

I Support ClubWRX
    Check out Crutchfield.com for some stereo/speaker options. I prefer Alpine or Pioneer but, JVC and Kenwood are viable options too.

Get what fits your budget and has the options you want. There isn't really a "best" option when it comes to this stuff.

As far as your warranty goes, nothing can "void" your warranty per say. Claims can be denied by Subaru if they see fit. However, replacing your stereo isn't going to cause them to deny a powertrain failure lol.

Edit click this link to start on Crutchfield: http://www.crutchfield.com/app/car/c...car%2fcar.aspx
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

I Support ClubWRX
    There's so many options out there. I personally have always used alpine stuff. The type r sub is great and one properly powered 10" sub would do you fine. They make good head units too. Pioneer makes good head units as well. This will void your warranty on your head unit because it won't be there anymore.alpine has warranties though. If you get it professionally installed it won't cause Amy issues with your dealer.

This is where you want to go

Electronics/Car Audio
    2013 WRX Dark Grey Hatch
    1974 Datsun 260z Stroker

I would get a new head unit. Pioneer or alpine work well with android and Apple phones via bluetooth. see how it sounds. Then replace if you think you need more.

i have arc 6.2 in the front
    arc 602 in rear
    RE SE Pro Sub 12' at 4 ohms
    arc 900.1 amp
    pioneer DEH-9500

i like it
    Last edited by Amg14; 08-22-2013 at 12:06 AM.

Hi OP and welcome!

I agree with what others are saying and am following that same route with my '13 wrx. Immediately after getting my car, I had the head unit swapped for a Kenwood DDX470. Its a double decker unit, touch screen, plays CDs, DVDs, has bluetooth, connects to Pandora, Sirius and connects directly to your ipod or iphone. You have the option to keep the bluetooth and radio controls on your steering wheel with an additional cable. You can also upload your own pictures to use as a backround pic! I'm very pleased so far with this upgrade- the improvement in sound alone is HUGE. My next step will be a 5-way amp and sub. The speakers remain stock 'til they're blown!

Quote Originally Posted by Brazilnut View Post
    Hi OP and welcome!

I agree with what others are saying and am following that same route with my '13 wrx. Immediately after getting my car, I had the head unit swapped for a Kenwood DDX470. Its a double decker unit, touch screen, plays CDs, DVDs, has bluetooth, connects to Pandora, Sirius and connects directly to your ipod or iphone. You have the option to keep the bluetooth and radio controls on your steering wheel with an additional cable. You can also upload your own pictures to use as a backround pic! I'm very pleased so far with this upgrade- the improvement in sound alone is HUGE. My next step will be a 5-way amp and sub. The speakers remain stock 'til they're blown!
    Soo, per-say I bought that headunit and got it professionally installed, I will still get to keep all my features? Everything on the steering wheel will work? Bluetooth audio, calling, volume, change tracks? also, my phone will still auto-connect and is the headunit slow?

Quote Originally Posted by Brazilnut View Post
    Hi OP and welcome!

I've heard the IPOD connectivity from the center console is lost through that particular USB port ???? Or did you maintain that ????
    2013 WRX Dark Grey Hatch
    1974 Datsun 260z Stroker

You can maintain the center console USB and minijack with the right adapters.

Check here for more options: Parts Needed To Install Aftermarket Head Unit In Subaru Impreza/WRX/STI/Forester/Crosstrek

Quote Originally Posted by WRB REXXY View Post
    Soo, per-say I bought that headunit and got it professionally installed, I will still get to keep all my features? Everything on the steering wheel will work? Bluetooth audio, calling, volume, change tracks? also, my phone will still auto-connect and is the headunit slow?
    features on steering wheel can be kept for the most part exactly how they are now. when you go to the installers talk to them about it and they will recommend what ever steering wheel connection kit they use that will allow you to keep the functionality of those buttons. the one used with my pioneer retains all my buttons except the BT ones because the pioneer head unit doesn't have subaru's version of siri that would talk to you or allow you to do what ever with the stock unit. however they still do different things depending on what radio function im in so its not like they are lost. i don't mind really because on my head unit i can press and hold a button to use voice cmds or another to access making calls/ending calls.
    Last edited by Amg14; 08-28-2013 at 05:05 PM.

agreed ae64.com for all things headunit (harness, steering controls), i have an axxess and it doesn't work exactly like i want it to (and i can't figure out how to program it cause their manual blows but i can do the majority of the functions.)

as far as oem kicker sub, not worth it. the stock speakers sound better when the headunit is replaced. I just got Image Dynamics CTX65. so there's an options. but if you're not going to power them with an amplifier, you might as well just stick with the stock speakers. aftermarket with headunit power = wasted $$$

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.