Appradio 3 with iPhone 5 (and appradio extensions) - video

This is a discussion on Appradio 3 with iPhone 5 (and appradio extensions) - video within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; Just got my Apprdaio 3 intalled in my 2010 WRX, using it with a jailbroken iPhone 5 and it seems ...

Appradio 3 with iPhone 5 (and appradio extensions) - video

Just got my Apprdaio 3 intalled in my 2010 WRX, using it with a jailbroken iPhone 5 and it seems to work great. I had to install the parking brake bypass to get anything useful (navigation/unsupported apps) to run.

The video is pretty low shaky, I was trying to work the head unit while looking through the cameras viewfinder so I missed the touchpoints quite a few times (it works better than it looks here)

Appradio 3 with iPhone 5 and App Extensions - YouTube
    "If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour... you're gonna see some serious sh*t."

'10 WRX DGM Sedan: CNT Catted DP, SPT Exhaust, Perrin STS adapter/bushings, TP Stage 2

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I'm wanting to do something like this. How are you liking it? what extra cables did you need to run the iphone5?

I'm mainly interested in having my navigation( Google maps) displayed on the head unit, phone calls, music and maybe run a OBD2 data logging app.

would all of this be possible? or should I go with a tablet install?

Everything should be possible, sorry about the delayed response. As for cables it's just the HDMI cable, regular iPhone 5 charger from Apple and the Apple HDMI to lightning converter (around $50). You'd need to buy an app for the data logging and the OBD2 wifi device. DashCommander has an appradio application ($50 though).
    "If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour... you're gonna see some serious sh*t."

'10 WRX DGM Sedan: CNT Catted DP, SPT Exhaust, Perrin STS adapter/bushings, TP Stage 2