console USB port
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on console USB port within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; Hi Folks, I'm trying to get a stereo upgrade together and I wanted to know what was involved in keeping ...

console USB port

Hi Folks,

I'm trying to get a stereo upgrade together and I wanted to know what was involved in keeping the console USB port functional.

I've read all the info I can about keeping the steering wheel controls for phone, stereo etc. and am contacting AES for that.

I also know about getting the USDM bezel to keep it looking decent.

I just havent been able to find anything clear about keeping that USB port working.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Thanks! I don't know how I missed that, I must not have refined the search well enough.

I appreciate the info but I may just have to live without it. Buying a soldering iron and glue just for that seems like a waste.

I Support ClubWRX
    A soldering iron is not very expensive. And it always helps to have one around.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by rage-wrx View Post
    A soldering iron is not very expensive. And it always helps to have one around.
    +1

My soldering iron sees the same level of use as my wrench set. For <$8, you really can't go wrong:
    J&L 60 Watts Soldering Iron, UL listed - Amazon.com

Check out the $20 package on that page for a third hand/magnifier, a solder spool, and an iron. Not bad at all.
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

The pursuit of knowledge is hopeless and eternal... Hooray!!! - Professor Farnsworth

You're right it is pretty inexpensive. If I don't get it working the way I want it's just going to bug the crap out of me anyway and I don't want to do this twice.

I am going to see if one of the guys at work in the pc repair area have a soldering iron I can use there for a few minutes since that part doesn't seem too involved. If not I'll just buy one.

Thanks again guys!

I Support ClubWRX
    If you go through AE64 he has a pre made cable available
    2012 WRB 4DR | SPT Exhaust | Short Throw | Rally Armour | WC Lathe Werks Custom TI Knob | Kartboy Bushings | Stoptech Brake Lines | JBK Elements DRL | STI HID Retrofit | XB LED Angel Eyes | GrimmSpeed Lightweight Crank Pulley

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

Quote Originally Posted by cflip2x View Post
    If you go through AE64 he has a pre made cable available
    don't you still need to solder/clamp the wires? (either to the HU or the stock wiring as i can't remember how his premade cable looks)

I Support ClubWRX
    2012 WRB 4DR | SPT Exhaust | Short Throw | Rally Armour | WC Lathe Werks Custom TI Knob | Kartboy Bushings | Stoptech Brake Lines | JBK Elements DRL | STI HID Retrofit | XB LED Angel Eyes | GrimmSpeed Lightweight Crank Pulley

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

I Support ClubWRX
    It looks similar to the soldered ones just a little more cleaned up

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

Wish I knew about this when I did my stereo upgrade.
    -NAS

2011 SUBARU WRX (LR) - DAILY
    MODS: 30% Tint - Smoked Tails - Bi-Xenon Projector retrofit w/ DDM Tuning 35w5000k - Fender vent led turn signals - Kartboy short throw shifter w/ bushings - Flossy Shift knob

Wow, nice ! Thanks man !

This might be of some help also.

naked_dave's 2012 DGM WRX Premium
    - Dave

2012 pbp WRX premium

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.