Upgraded the audio in my 2012 WRX
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Upgraded the audio in my 2012 WRX within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; As the title says I'm done sorta. Here's what's installed. Pioneer AVH 8400BH HU, Pioneer ND-BC5 rear view camera, GEX-P920XM ...

I Support ClubWRX

Talking Upgraded the audio in my 2012 WRX

As the title says I'm done sorta. Here's what's installed.
    Pioneer AVH 8400BH HU, Pioneer ND-BC5 rear view camera, GEX-P920XM XM reciever
    Accexx steering wheel control interface.
    Morel Tempo 6 components in the front (doors deadened) crossed at 63Hz
    CDT M6 Mid/Subs in the rear doors crossed at 63Hz
    Alpine PDX 9V (138x4, 586x1)
    Wicked CAS stealth sub enclosure filled with a JL 10W3V3-2

2015 WRX - Crystal Black Silca
    Too new for mods.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

A bit off topic but, is this the shift knob you have?
    WC Lathe Werks | Truly Unique Shift Knobs, Proudly Hand-Crafted in The USA!

If so, I have been thinking of getting that exact one or maybe in white instead of black. How do you like it?
    - Dave

2012 pbp WRX premium

I Support ClubWRX
    Lath works makes a great product!

I luv it, never gets hot or cold and looks great IMHO.
    Too new for mods.

One other shift knob question. Did you get the brass insert? I'm wondering whether that's really necessary or not?

More on topic though, how are you liking you new audio setup so far? I listen to a lot of music, but I'm not really an audiophile. Thus, the stock system has been adequate for now. I have considered some audio upgrades though and some more thoughts and opinions may sway me.
    - Dave

2012 pbp WRX premium

I Support ClubWRX
    I got the brass insert, it has a much lower chance of stripping. Not an absolute necessity though. To answer your other question, I love the quality of the sound that now comes from my upgraded system. I am not an extreme audiophile, just like well balanced quality music. I think for less than $2K you can assemble an excellent sounding system with carefull shopping. Drop me a PM if you need any help finding good deals.
    Too new for mods.

Did you have to buy the double din bezel or did that HU hit in the base one? Also did you retain all the controls on your steering wheel plus the voice commands?

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by dcp-m3 View Post
    Did you have to buy the double din bezel or did that HU hit in the base one? Also did you retain all the controls on your steering wheel plus the voice commands?
    I bought a install kit, I retained almost all the steering wheel controls. The voice commands work on my iPhone 5 work just fine.
    Too new for mods.

How were u able to program the Bluetooth functions and were u able to program your mode button to actually work as a source button?

BUMP! This is exactly what I'd like the end result to look like with my sub! What size did you end up getting?

How much did that stealth box run you OP? Your setup looks nice btw!
    Brandon - 13' SWP WRX Sedan

I Support ClubWRX
    Thanks, the stealth box cost $350 and I used a JL Audio W3. The system has really nice balance with enough bottom end to satisfy all but the most hardcore bass fanatics.
    Too new for mods.

So I'm an extreme audiophile but in the case of my new STi Wagon, cargo space is king. How hard do you push that sub? I LOVE the idea of the sub integrating into the interior panels. I loathe the idea of tossing a big box in the cargo area but I have to have RICH low-ends.
    2013 STi Wagon.

Quote Originally Posted by Vexamus View Post
    So I'm an extreme audiophile but in the case of my new STi Wagon, cargo space is king. How hard do you push that sub? I LOVE the idea of the sub integrating into the interior panels. I loathe the idea of tossing a big box in the cargo area but I have to have RICH low-ends.
    check out various 8 inch subs, smaller cone area allows for better bass control (as long as you feed them enough power). Can't go wrong with a sundown SA-8 v2 or a JL Audio 8w3. you said you have a hatch, depending on your budget you could have someone fiberglass an enclosure (ported cause no one likes lacking the real lows) and you can hide the amp behind one of the rear wheel wells under the styrofoam. The amps guna have to be smaller, but i'm sure you could find a mono or even a 2 channel that'll put out over 600 watts at 2 ohms that'll fit there

Quote Originally Posted by WREXXY View Post
    check out various 8 inch subs, smaller cone area allows for better bass control (as long as you feed them enough power). Can't go wrong with a sundown SA-8 v2 or a JL Audio 8w3. you said you have a hatch, depending on your budget you could have someone fiberglass an enclosure (ported cause no one likes lacking the real lows) and you can hide the amp behind one of the rear wheel wells under the styrofoam. The amps guna have to be smaller, but i'm sure you could find a mono or even a 2 channel that'll put out over 600 watts at 2 ohms that'll fit there
    Are there any photos of this wheel well area? Sounds extreme. Maybe I should just bolt it onto the bottom of the gas tank? :P
    2013 STi Wagon.

i don't have a picture of it one me right now, just take out the hatch floor cover, pull out the styrofoam piece on the side, that's the area i'm talking about. the gas tank is under the rear seat from what i could tell when i had the car apart. and the amp isn't exactly 100% sealed off. i cut out the styrofoam so it can vent into the spare tire area and around the amp there's probably ~2 inches of ventilation. it's by no means roomy, and the amp isn't sitting flat its on an angle. but i drive a lttle over an hour to work and with it at like 75% volume its only warm to the touch when i get here. its a class D however

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast