2008 WRX - 14 or 20 pin wiring harness?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 2008 WRX - 14 or 20 pin wiring harness? within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; I ordered a wiring harness for a new aftermarket HU from Amazon - Scosche SU03B What was delivered was a ...

2008 WRX - 14 or 20 pin wiring harness?

I ordered a wiring harness for a new aftermarket HU from Amazon - Scosche SU03B

What was delivered was a 14-pin harness. Now I'm reading that 2008+ non-navigation headunits switched to a 20-pin harness. Even the crutchfield recommended harness for 2008 models shows the 14 pin. Will the 14-pin harness work or do I need to find something specific for the 20-pin? If so, where can I find this?

I haven't removed my stereo yet. I'm getting the new aftermarket HU delivered today, so was hoping to solder the harness to the stereo connection tonight. Now I'm worried this won't work out. Any thoughts?

Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    I haven't done this personally,but this these are some links to teh guy who sells the pins. Contact him for more info.

Subaru 20-pin radio harness pin-out

ae64.com - Subaru Radio Wiring Harness - Order Form
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Quote Originally Posted by scottyja View Post
    I ordered a wiring harness for a new aftermarket HU from Amazon - Scosche SU03B

What was delivered was a 14-pin harness. Now I'm reading that 2008+ non-navigation headunits switched to a 20-pin harness. Even the crutchfield recommended harness for 2008 models shows the 14 pin. Will the 14-pin harness work or do I need to find something specific for the 20-pin? If so, where can I find this?

I haven't removed my stereo yet. I'm getting the new aftermarket HU delivered today, so was hoping to solder the harness to the stereo connection tonight. Now I'm worried this won't work out. Any thoughts?

Thanks.
    Did you ever find out if your radio came with the 14-Pin harness or the 20-pin? I'm on the same boat. Have no idea what harness my current set-up has. Will have to get back there to find out.

Quote Originally Posted by ejicon View Post
    Did you ever find out if your radio came with the 14-Pin harness or the 20-pin? I'm on the same boat. Have no idea what harness my current set-up has. Will have to get back there to find out.
    The one I got from Scosche worked just fine - SU03B. Hope it works for you!

I Support ClubWRX
    2008+ should have the 20 pin. Since I have the steering wheel controls I needed to order my wiring harness from ae64 since they have the wiring for the steering wheel remote.
    2012 WRB 4DR | SPT Exhaust | Short Throw | Rally Armour | WC Lathe Werks Custom TI Knob | Kartboy Bushings | Stoptech Brake Lines | JBK Elements DRL | STI HID Retrofit | XB LED Angel Eyes | GrimmSpeed Lightweight Crank Pulley

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

Quote Originally Posted by scottyja View Post
    The one I got from Scosche worked just fine - SU03B. Hope it works for you!

I'm actually looking to purchase a OEM Subwoofer and don't know if my radio has a 14-pin connection or a 20-pin. It's a 2008 WRX and apparently Subaru used both connections in 2008. I'm just going to have to pull the radio myself and see what's behind there. Thanks guys.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.