android car streo unit

This is a discussion on android car streo unit within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; just flash to stage 1 and next week stage 2 now i am planing to buy andoid unit but cant ...

android car streo unit

just flash to stage 1 and next week stage 2

now i am planing to buy andoid unit but cant decide which one?
    saw some youtube videos fom chinavasion
    $300 to 400
    i want the android unit so i can run torque app or others like ulysis waze extra
    what should i look for b4 buying any unit
    if any one has one of those on wrx please let me know if they r good quality and fits easy or i have to midify
    thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

They look cool but are running a suuuuper old version of droid (honeycomb). I don't even know if they're wifi and Bluetooth compatible. If no Bluetooth then no torque. May want to contact them first. If u have a droid already u can always just get a 2din and run av cables to it.

Wut?
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens don’t wear hats" -Ying

I Support ClubWRX
    For $415, I'd want a reputable name and guaranteed returns/tech support. That price is way too much for me to risk on potentially questionable reliability.

I'd rather get something like the Pioneer AppRadio (which is at least $100 cheaper), but essentially functions as an external monitor and input device for your smartphone. Heide264 on here has a nice writeup on how to use that.
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.38×10-23

He who shall be last, shall be sideways and smiling... - Jeremy Clarkson

Exactly. It seems like they can load android on any ol pos and double the price. Hardware is probably crap.

ok i will chk his post
    Last edited by rajalucy; 04-08-2013 at 03:13 PM.

If you have an android phone, then try checking out Pioneer's appradio 2. Go to youtube and check videos on appradio 2 + arliberator.