So I'll be replacing the stock HU and door-speakers (front and rear) on my '08 WRX. I have my stuff ordered from Crutchfield and I think I have that install under control.
In a few weeks I'll be looking to install the Sound Ordnance B-8PT under the passenger seat. This is my first sub install I want to make sure I have the process down so when it's time to install I can cruise. Does this sound right?
- Passenger front seat
- Center console
- Dash molding on passenger side
- Dash molding around stereo
- Glove box
- Passenger side kicker panel
- Run 8 AWG cable from battery terminal to firewall
- Find empty grommet in center of firewall
- Drill 1/8" hole in center of grommet
- Run wire through grommet to glove box area
- Run wire along floor kicker panel
- Run wire to under passenger seat area
- Remove stereo HU
- Connect RCA and remote turn on cable to back of HU
- Route cables from stereo area along center console
- Run cables under passenger seat area
- Connect ground wire to exposed bolt from removed seat.
Then it should just be connect, test and tune before putting everything back together.
Am I missing anything major or should I be doing something different? I'm thinking the power cable is going to be the biggest challenge. I'm hoping removing the glove box and dash panel from the passenger side will help out. I was thinking it would be easier to do the power and RCA cables together down the center console. I might do that if there's enough space to separate the two (power on one side of the console, RCA on the other).