Upgrading audio and looking for guidance
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Upgrading audio and looking for guidance within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; I am trying to do some looking around and reviews on Pioneer and Alpine systems, speakers to start. My plan ...

Blah blah blah something about penguins CowboyD Eng6ine's Avatar

Upgrading audio and looking for guidance

I am trying to do some looking around and reviews on Pioneer and Alpine systems, speakers to start. My plan leading into the summer is to improve the sound system of the car. I am looking for something that will still sound crisp driving down the highway with the windows down. I have never done anything with car audio before and was turning to here for some guidence on that to do, as well as what not to do. What items are recommended to use and in what order should they be brought in? I was hoping to be able to get away with doing speakers/tweeters first then a head unit followed by an amp. Im not sure which specific speaker model is good to use and how much of a difference would a good speaker change before adding anything else.

If you guys could put in some input and advise to guide me in the best direction, that would be great. There is an audio shop near by I want to stop in to see how some of the setups they have sound, but I want to learn a bit more first so I know what I am looking for.
    Crazy is running towards what people are running from.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

It is my understanding the HU is the weak point in the system. Just changing it usually satisfies most. Problem with speakers first is the stock HU is still pumping out a muddy tin can rattle mess. So you end up hearing more of the HU problems than anything else.

Speaking from personal experience, just swapping in a no frills highly rated $300 Clarion HU made a world of difference and I dropped all other notions of car audio upgrades for the foreseeable future. I still keep an eye on component speakers at Amazon though, just in case...
    Not as many parts left over this time... what am I missing?

Quote Originally Posted by CowboyD Eng6ine View Post
    I am trying to do some looking around and reviews on Pioneer and Alpine systems, speakers to start. My plan leading into the summer is to improve the sound system of the car. I am looking for something that will still sound crisp driving down the highway with the windows down. I have never done anything with car audio before and was turning to here for some guidence on that to do, as well as what not to do. What items are recommended to use and in what order should they be brought in? I was hoping to be able to get away with doing speakers/tweeters first then a head unit followed by an amp. Im not sure which specific speaker model is good to use and how much of a difference would a good speaker change before adding anything else.

If you guys could put in some input and advise to guide me in the best direction, that would be great. There is an audio shop near by I want to stop in to see how some of the setups they have sound, but I want to learn a bit more first so I know what I am looking for.
    Get sony company system with bose speakers. It is the best combination.
    Last edited by Juananderson; 03-25-2013 at 10:23 PM.

I Support ClubWRX
    The stock speaker just plain suck. There is a world of difference between a good pair of components and the OEM speakers. Replace the HU and the front speakers, you. Will not regret it!
    2015 WRX - Crystal Black Silca
    Cobb Axess Tuner --BrenTuning ECU Solutions
    Cree LED replacement High/Low bulbs
    Pioneer NEX 4000, Alpine PDX 9V, JL Audio C5 650 front /rear components, JL Audio 10TW1-4: 10-inch Subwoofer, Axxess ASWC-1 Steering Wheel Control Adapter

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.