2011 WRX Aftermarket head unit - METRA 70-7552/Scosche NN04b

This is a discussion on 2011 WRX Aftermarket head unit - METRA 70-7552/Scosche NN04b within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; I am coming to the experts here on Club WRX. I have a 2011 WRX Premium without Navigation and am ...

2011 WRX Aftermarket head unit - METRA 70-7552/Scosche NN04b

I am coming to the experts here on Club WRX. I have a 2011 WRX Premium without Navigation and am installing an aftermarket radio.

I ordered a JVC KW-R900BT from SonicElectronix and it came with a free Scosche NN04B. I also picked up the Axxess ASWC to retain the steering wheel controls.

After some research, it appears that the Scosche wiring harness is missing 4? wires I need to hook the radio and the ASWC up. So, I happened across a Metra 70-7552 locally and picked it up on a whim.

My question is: Can I somehow scavenge pins/wires off of one of the harnesses to make 1 GOOD harness? I really don't want to cut my factory wires...but also looking at the harnesses, dont see a good way to remove the pins.

Can someone please help this poor newb out?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Well, I think I figured it out on my own, somewhat.

If you take a small screw driver and pop it in the holes just beneath of below the pin you want to come out and pull, the wire comes out.

Hizzah? Maybe.

it might be too late, but check out ae64.com, that guy has exactly what you need.