Stock Navigation System

This is a discussion on Stock Navigation System within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; Does anyone ACTually buy the navigation system? Is it worth it? Does it do more than just serve as a ...

Stock Navigation System

Does anyone ACTually buy the navigation system? Is it worth it? Does it do more than just serve as a GPS? Can it order you a pizza?

Description:
    Navigation System: High-resolution 6.1-inch touch-screen GPS navigation system and 6-speaker audio system with HD Radio™ with iTunes tagging, USB/iPod® control, Bluetooth® audio streaming and hands-free phone connectivity, SMS text messaging capability, Sirius XM™ Satellite Radio339 and XM® NavTraffic 318

Can't the regular radio do all the above, minus the navigation?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

People do...it's nicely integrated and all...but I'm still yet to find a factory Nav system that will outperform an even cheaper aftermarket option.

Most of the problem comes from the fact that the stock Audio system still remains inadequate to those who actually like listening to quality music. While the Nav functionality itself is pretty nice, the audio quality still sucks compared to aftermarket. But if you spend all that money for the Nav, you're pretty much stuck with the Audio part unless you look into line converters and external equalizers and such.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens don’t wear hats" -Ying

I Support ClubWRX
    I'm not a fan of the factory options...

For someone looking at navigation, I really like the Kenwood units, which use the Garmin interface.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Does anyone ACTually buy the navigation system? Is it worth it? Does it do more than just serve as a GPS? Can it order you a pizza?

Description:
    Navigation System: High-resolution 6.1-inch touch-screen GPS navigation system and 6-speaker audio system with HD Radio™ with iTunes tagging, USB/iPod® control, Bluetooth® audio streaming and hands-free phone connectivity, SMS text messaging capability, Sirius XM™ Satellite Radio339 and XM® NavTraffic 318

Can't the regular radio do all the above, minus the navigation?
    The regular radio has the USB/iPod control and bluetooth. All the rest...not so much.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

no backup camera option on stock nav unit... this alone was enough for me to opt out of getting one. not to mention the factory nav is a lot more expensive than really any aftermarket option.

In our 13 WRX the nav is nice works good etc, sound quality horrible. In our 14 Forester XT nav is nicer works just as good, harman kardon great sounding factory system!

can we buy the 14 Forester/15 wry harmon karmon and install that in our 14 wry?
    -akaGONZO

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." - Hunter S. Thompson