Alpine Errthang in my '13 WRX - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on Alpine Errthang in my '13 WRX within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; It is an Alpine 10" Type-R with their OEM grill. I designed the box in CATIA to figure out exactly ...

It is an Alpine 10" Type-R with their OEM grill. I designed the box in CATIA to figure out exactly how much internal volume I would have (only way considering the back side is molded from the car). A lot of research and programs were used to come up with the ideal volume and port length for that specific sub. Honestly, even for a fiberglass box, the research and planning was most of the work. When the box was build, I filled it with packing peanuts and measured in a 1 cubic foot box. Came out to exactly the correct volume that was expected. I was quite impressed for a first time fiberglass build.

Extremely loud for a 10" sub, even in the hatch. Hits all the frequencies very well for a ported box because of the correct tuning. Very pleased with the outcome, would never go back to a port-less box
    Last edited by Desolatemm; 04-29-2013 at 07:14 AM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123