WRX 11 - HU: Pioneer X3500BHS w/ Backup Cam
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on WRX 11 - HU: Pioneer X3500BHS w/ Backup Cam within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; Hey everyone, Just wanted to share some photos of the install I'm doing on this new head unit. As of ...

Hey everyone,

Just wanted to share some photos of the install I'm doing on this new head unit. As of right now I have only got the camera part installed. I need some help in figuring out which Bezel to buy as I do not like the dash kit that came with Crutchfield and was hoping it would be more flush with OEM bezel. Does anyone know where I could get one that would fit better? Also I am still trying to get a hold of SVCdx to purchase the harness for the steering wheel controls to work. I just tested out what everything would look like.

If I could get some assistance on the new bezel that would be great. I'll keep posting more pictures of the install as I get further with it. (It's a bit cold out so I can only do so much)
    Subaru WRX 2011 Spark Silver Metallic

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Continuation

Final product?

Looks great!

Sorry I am no help but I'd like to hear that when you are done.

Thank you!

Final product is still to come... unfortunately I did not know I needed the harness from ae64 (aka SVXdc) .. the one that comes with crutchfield doesn't include the wires for the steering wheel controls. But I will continue to take pictures as I finish this up.

I also did find the OEM look a like double din bezel. $68.. wish it wasn't that much but it was the cheapest I can find.

Get the Jdm bezel for the forester it fits double din hu. I got mine off of avojdm and fits my xb940bt perfect. Highly recommend it. Looks good though interested in how the back up camera works and where you mounted it
    2012 Wrx SWP Hatch-Traded
    2013 Limited ISM Hatch -Current

I got the bezel from here [LINK]

Based on this post [LINK], it seems like certain vendors are selling it.

The part number is 66065SC130 for the bezel.

I'll be trying it out as soon as I get it just to ensure that it is the right one.

This unit doesn't have navigation correct?

It does not. You can buy an optional GPS unit tho to turn it into a GPS unit.

Have you finished the install on the unit and do you recomend it? I am picking my car up in probably two weeks and I want to swap the stock radio out for a new ASAP.

I would highly recommend this product. It truly is a difference maker in sound quality. I did finish the install and I absolutely love it.

I ended up getting the X5500 which is the same as the X3500 but with a larger screen.

I was actually looking at the 5500. Thanks for the information. I will post when I get my car and get this installed.

By far getting the wire from the trunk to the head unit was the most annoying if you are installing a back up cam. One piece to know for installing the back up camera is to make sure you connect the purple/white wire from the pioneer unit to the brown/yellow wire in the passenger kick panel. That brown/yellow wire is what tells the head unit the car is in reverse which will automatically turn the camera on.

So as for wiring goes for the back up camera:
    -RCA cable goes from camera to head unit
    -Power goes from camera to a power source (I used the reverse tail light therefore whenever I switch it into reverse power is sent through)
    -purple/white wire connects to brown/yellow wire from the passenger kick panel

Here's kind of a picture to reference that brown/yellow wire.

I just put my X3500 in yesterday. (without backup camera)
    Love it so far.
    With AppRadio, you really don't need to purchase the optional navi.

Did you ever get the harness for steering wheel controls? Were you able to maintain full functionality, including bluetooth pickup/end calls?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.