2013 WRX Bluetooth Signal Strength
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 2013 WRX Bluetooth Signal Strength within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; Greetings All! I just picked up my first Subaru yesterday and got everything set up at the dealership (Bluetooth audio/phone/etc.) ...

Question 2013 WRX Bluetooth Signal Strength

Greetings All!

I just picked up my first Subaru yesterday and got everything set up at the dealership (Bluetooth audio/phone/etc.)

I am now finding that if I keep my phone in my left jeans pocket that the Bluetooth signal becomes weak enough that it causes some minor skips/audio artifacts. However, if I pull it out and put it on the center console then everything works just fine.

This is surprising to me since I should technically easily be in range. The phone in question is a new iPhone 5, which has not had problems dealing with other bluetooth connections.

A search of the forum didn't come up with much, so I'm wondering if this is a known weakness in the WRX, or if there might be a problem with it's bluetooth antenna.

Any thoughts?

--Terminal

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I haven't had connectivity problems on my 13. As a matter of fact I have missed a few calls because I started my car up outside to warm it up and my phone had connected from inside the house....lol

FYI, I am using a Droid X2

No problems here either, mine connects from well outside of the car if it is running.

Thanks for the sanity check guys.

Doing some research with the theory that the iPhone 5 is the culprit reveals a lot of people with similar signal strength issues.

Time to go visit the 'genius' bar at a nearby apple store I guess!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.