Anyone who has two 2011+ OEM Head units
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Anyone who has two 2011+ OEM Head units within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; Anyone who has 2 Subarus of any model 2011+ ? I had a question about bluetooth connectivity. I have 2011 ...

I Support ClubWRX

Anyone who has two 2011+ OEM Head units

Anyone who has 2 Subarus of any model 2011+ ? I had a question about bluetooth connectivity.

I have 2011 WRX & a 2012 Forster, both with the factory BT. I am able to pair my Android phone with one car but not with both. Each time I get in the other car, I have to go to the menu settings, delete the first connection & pair the phone all over again. When I go back to the first car I have to do this again.

I can leave the first connection on the phone when pairing with the second car, but then it shows the phone as connected but I cannot play music. Meaning I have to delete the connection from my phone as well.

My question is have any of you been able to have your phone automatically connect to both cars via BT ?

Any insight would be helpful. Thank you in advance.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I don't have two, but could it be that you have more than one phone (i.e. wife, girlfriend, other's??) paired in each head unit. I have my phone paired to my 2013 and my wife's 2013 GTI. If her phone is near by (within 30-40 feet) when I drive the GTI(grocery getter) her phone will take precedence and my phone won't connect.

Not saying that is it, but the first time I experienced this I was like "WTF?."
    2013 WRB Base Sedan, 2013 GTI 4-Door, 2002 F-250 PowerStroke
    **Stink-Eye Mob #48**

I Support ClubWRX
    No, I tried with the BT on her phone turned off. I also tried with deleting all saved connections other than my own from the HU's memory. Same issue.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

I Support ClubWRX
    my phone works in each car but I have had issues with my red 2011 for some reason with the bt. The others worked fine together. Can you change the name of the connection in your phone? Like my 11 is car_media but the 12 is carmedia, the bmw is BMWCONN. It might be having the issues connecting because its named the same in your phone..

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.