Need help finding right amp!

This is a discussion on Need help finding right amp! within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; Hey Clubwrx! i got these Dual BP 1204 subs for really cheap. i have little to no experience with car ...

Question Need help finding right amp!

Hey Clubwrx! i got these Dual BP 1204 subs for really cheap. i have little to no experience with car audio
    the specs for this sub are
    Watts - RMS 600 Watts
    Watts - Peak 1100 Watts
    Sensitivity 89dB
    Frequency Response 25-200Hz
    Impedance 4 Ohms
    Height 14.2"
    Width 29.5"
    Depth 14.2"
    ive been looking at Amazon.com: Pyramid PB717X 1,000-Watt 2-Channel Bridgeable Amplifier: Car Electronics

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by bugeye2003 View Post
    Hey Clubwrx! i got these Dual BP 1204 subs for really cheap. i have little to no experience with car audio
    the specs for this sub are
    Watts - RMS 600 Watts
    Watts - Peak 1100 Watts
    Sensitivity 89dB
    Frequency Response 25-200Hz
    Impedance 4 Ohms
    Height 14.2"
    Width 29.5"
    Depth 14.2"
    ive been looking at Amazon.com: Pyramid PB717X 1,000-Watt 2-Channel Bridgeable Amplifier: Car Electronics
    You should definitely save up for something with better quality IMO. Such as rockford fosgate, you get what you pay for.

I Support ClubWRX
    Do you need multiple subs? Could you get by with just one? What kind of enclosure? What kind of music? Anything else done car audio wise?

Quote Originally Posted by thegamer1587
    You should definitely save up for something with better quality IMO. Such as rockford fosgate, you get what you pay for.
    Funny you should mention that, because much of RF is overpriced for the quality you get.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Quote Originally Posted by EJ257 View Post
    Do you need multiple subs? Could you get by with just one? What kind of enclosure? What kind of music? Anything else done car audio wise?

Funny you should mention that, because much of RF is overpriced for the quality you get.
    I've never owned any of their newer stuff. I used to use the punch series, they were worth every dime they cost imo

Quote Originally Posted by thegamer1587 View Post
    I've never owned any of their newer stuff. I used to use the punch series, they were worth every dime they cost imo
    You're spot on correct there...

Had a punch power DVC that was cutting edge.... of the 90s. RF took a nosedive for quality after that.

I've been rocking Kicker ever since. I have even been using the same Kicker amp from 1998.

Wattage isn't always everything. Peak means jack, focus more on RMS to compare models. But before anything else, just pick quality brands. I have only 250 watts for an amp, running a 600 watt sub, and I peak over 120 dB. That's PLENTY for me. Those who want 130/140+ need the 1000watt+ subs, not the average joe.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by drkhead
    Had a punch power DVC that was cutting edge.... of the 90s. RF took a nosedive for quality after that.

I've been rocking Kicker ever since. I have even been using the same Kicker amp from 1998.
    Same thing with Kicker

Good back in the day. Now, not so much...
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Quote Originally Posted by EJ257 View Post

there are two subs built into the enclosure, i have done nothing else car audio wise, i just have the sub laying around so i want to make some use of it. and music wise just about everything.
    oh and i still have the stock radio.. i can hook the sub up to it right?
    Last edited by bugeye2003; 01-02-2013 at 01:43 PM.

ok so i got the Pyramid PB718 2 Channel Amplifiers at Onlinecarstereo.com since it was on sale and within my price range.
    now i have the type B audio system. the one with the 6 cd changer and tape in it.
    i didnt think of this in the begining, but the stock audio will work right? to hook up the sub and everything to it?

Registered User BoostEqualsLife's Avatar
    Not sure why you bought it after everyone saying it wasn't great quality - but yes, you can use your stock radio to run it. Your stock radio likely doesnt have any preamp outputs, so you'll have to jump wires off your rear speakers and use the high level inputs on the amp to get it to work. It's not going to sound great, you've got a lot going against you.

Good luck.
    2006 Subaru WRX TR
    198awhp, 226awtq @ 11.9psi: Boost Leak, JNA Catback, Rallyarmor Mudflaps.
    2002 Subaru WRX SOLD.
    269awhp, 250awtq @ 16.8psi: `05 VF39 Turbo, STi 565cc Injectors, Walbro FP, Accessport, Invidia Uppipe, HKS Downpipe, Borla Hush Catback, AEM CAI, 17" Rota Tarmac IIs, H&R Springs, Kartboy SS, Rallyarmor Mudflaps.
    NewEngland F4 // Granite State Subarus

Stay away from Pyramid. They are complete garbage.

Oh...wait....sorry.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning