Pioneer AppsRadio 2 (SPH-DA100) + Sub/Amp Install & Impressions - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on Pioneer AppsRadio 2 (SPH-DA100) + Sub/Amp Install & Impressions within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; Originally Posted by floods Worked! Had today off for MLK so I took a few hours and got everything installed. ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by floods View Post
    Worked! Had today off for MLK so I took a few hours and got everything installed. I'm still learning the ins and outs, but I really like it so far... sooooo much possibility for what you can do with AR2+ARLiberator.

Gotta say man, would've been much more difficult had you not made this thread (and helped with questions). Thanks a ton!
    No problem. Glad it was of use!

Just one final rule of thumb.. The developer for ARL is great. Go ahead and post up on the forums with any issues. He is pretty good about finding a work around for you. I've found in the current version, you have to let it connect before plugging it in - otherwise the default program takes over.

Enjoy =)
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    He was throwing balloons filled with sulfuric acid and shrapnel at the swat team. They finally had to take him down with rubber bullets.
    2011 STi Build Log
    -Part 1 - Reading, Data Logging, and Analyzing Data
    -Part 2 - Turbocharger 101 & Basic Boost Control
    -Part 3 - EcuFlash, Experimental Defintions, and a Drive By Wire Intro

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I've been eyeballing a proper head unit as an extension of my Android phone since the original Appradio. The reviews are usually fairly nasty, even for Appradio2, but I'm seriously considering it anyways.

Especially with Best Buy retailing this thing for $280 bucks this week - that seems like a steal.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by KryptoNyte View Post
    I've been eyeballing a proper head unit as an extension of my Android phone since the original Appradio. The reviews are usually fairly nasty, even for Appradio2, but I'm seriously considering it anyways.

Especially with Best Buy retailing this thing for $280 bucks this week - that seems like a steal.
    I would check out amazon for it as well.

My only remaining complaint is that my phone's usb/hdmi port is a bit faulty and the screen cuts out here and there. I think having a dedicated hdmi port on the phone, as opposed to using your usb/MHL, would help a lot.
    He was throwing balloons filled with sulfuric acid and shrapnel at the swat team. They finally had to take him down with rubber bullets.
    2011 STi Build Log

Wow, $280 is a steal! I'd do that in a heartbeat, the only thing the HU really can't do is play CDs, which I haven't missed one bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Heide264 View Post
    I would check out amazon for it as well.

My only remaining complaint is that my phone's usb/hdmi port is a bit faulty and the screen cuts out here and there. I think having a dedicated hdmi port on the phone, as opposed to using your usb/MHL, would help a lot.
    I've got a dedicated HDMI and have the same issues... when connected if I jostle the phone the wrong way it'll show "static" on the HU. I'm not sure if it's due to buying the phone second hand (actually cracked the gorilla glass on my original Razr!) or if they're all a little twitchy like that.
    2013 SWP WRX Sedan

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by floods View Post
    I've got a dedicated HDMI and have the same issues... when connected if I jostle the phone the wrong way it'll show "static" on the HU. I'm not sure if it's due to buying the phone second hand (actually cracked the gorilla glass on my original Razr!) or if they're all a little twitchy like that.
    Looks like it is time to jump that "snow screen" thread on ARLiberator. I wonder if it does it through the pioneer software - I never tried it.
    2011 STi Build Log

Quote Originally Posted by Heide264 View Post
    Looks like it is time to jump that "snow screen" thread on ARLiberator. I wonder if it does it through the pioneer software - I never tried it.
    What thread is it? I'll bump/contribute.

I never even installed the AR app(s) on my device.
    2013 SWP WRX Sedan

$280 again at Best Buy today. Tempting.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by KryptoNyte View Post
    $280 again at Best Buy today. Tempting.
    For the price, I still don't think you can beat the feature set. Just my opinion.

...I still have to install my rear view camera, haha.
    2011 STi Build Log

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123