Pioneer AppsRadio 2 (SPH-DA100) + Sub/Amp Install & Impressions - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Pioneer AppsRadio 2 (SPH-DA100) + Sub/Amp Install & Impressions within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; Originally Posted by Heide264 I have a galaxy nexus as well. The key is hdmi output.. Not actual hdmi. Look ...

Quote Originally Posted by Heide264 View Post
    I have a galaxy nexus as well. The key is hdmi output.. Not actual hdmi. Look up MHL. It's a parallel circuit to the usb hardware that allows you to output an hdmi stream. It will only allow it to charge at usb rate... Which is about what it consumes.
    Ah yes, I've heard of this but haven't looked into it. I don't mind not having hdmi out on my phone because I haven't had a reason for it yet. That's good that it works.

I am going to add inductive charging to the pogo pins to allow wall charging rate while streaming hdmi.
    Ok, that would be amazing. I would definitely like to know if you get that working. I'm pretty disappointed how underused that 3-pin connector is. I never did buy the ONE car holder/charger that works with it though. There should've been more! I used to just charge via USB power, but when streaming music over LTE and through BT, while using NAV and the screen on, the drain becomes more than it can handle. I guess with this setup you would at least lose the screen, which is probably the biggest drain. Still, its nice to arrive somewhere after a decent trip with a charged up phone.

I also get a random bad connection time to time where the screen goes staticy for a second. I blame it on either the MHL adapter or my phones usb port currently.

Also, my parking brake bypass is funky time to time. Sometimes I have to back out to the main screen and back to the android display to hit ok and close the warning. Not sure what is up with that yet.

Right now, the app is plug and play. Turn car on. Plug phone in. Comes up on screen. Those two issues I listed above seem to be the only ones.

Not tinker free.. But I think it's worth it. Google navigation is bewbs on the head unit.
    As an android user I've come to expect little bugs/glitches here and there. It's worth it to have something that's "cutting-edge" so to speak. This sounds like exactly what I'm looking for though. Unless something better comes along soon I'll probably go this route next summer.

Not to get off topic, but since you have gnex, what roms have you/do you run? I don't change mine often, but I'm looking for a new one now. I'm a little behind but I think the last one I flashed was Bugless Beast when the 4.1 version came out. I'd like one with a lot more customization though. I used to have Gummy and liked that.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX

Re: Pioneer AppsRadio 2 (SPH-DA100) + Sub/Amp Install & Impressions

I'm the same way. ROM wise I use aokp. They had some tech issues lately though. Waiting patiently for their 4.2 milestone

Also.. Some experience with an application named tasker would make arliberator a bit more powerful. Launch music or maps upon connection etc
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    He was throwing balloons filled with sulfuric acid and shrapnel at the swat team. They finally had to take him down with rubber bullets.
    2011 STi Build Log
    -Part 1 - Reading, Data Logging, and Analyzing Data
    -Part 2 - Turbocharger 101 & Basic Boost Control
    -Part 3 - EcuFlash, Experimental Defintions, and a Drive By Wire Intro

Yeah for some reason I'm just not into the phone stuff as much as the car It's still pretty cool though. I haven't bought tasker either, but I have heard great things about it especially if you start combining with NFC tags and the like. Still need to get me some of those...

So how has this been working for you after a month or so? Looking to do this setup sometime this year if it's working well for you. Any improvments like the USB charging done?
    2013 DGM Hatch WRX - STI STS currently only mod

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by crash55 View Post
    So how has this been working for you after a month or so? Looking to do this setup sometime this year if it's working well for you. Any improvments like the USB charging done?
    I still have to attach the coil to the back cover of my phone. It required the extended battery case apparently. Shouldn't take long once I actually decide to do it.

It works out well though. The GPS picks up my location instantly, which is nice. The only issue is that the usb/mhl port on the galaxy nexus is a bit weak. I replaced my usb board in my phone, and it still gets screwed up every once in a while.

Otherwise, two thumbs up =)
    He was throwing balloons filled with sulfuric acid and shrapnel at the swat team. They finally had to take him down with rubber bullets.
    2011 STi Build Log

I still have to attach the coil to the back cover of my phone. It required the extended battery case apparently. Shouldn't take long once I actually decide to do it.

It works out well though. The GPS picks up my location instantly, which is nice. The only issue is that the usb/mhl port on the galaxy nexus is a bit weak. I replaced my usb board in my phone, and it still gets screwed up every once in a while.

Otherwise, two thumbs up =)
    Great. I've been getting pissed off at my Galaxy S3 for not always finding my location fast so that will be great. Thanks for the detailed feedback and info on this.
    2013 DGM Hatch WRX - STI STS currently only mod

Quote Originally Posted by crash55 View Post
    Great. I've been getting pissed off at my Galaxy S3 for not always finding my location fast so that will be great. Thanks for the detailed feedback and info on this.
    I hear ya about not finding my location. I was ready to smash my S3 Friday

Sent from my Galaxy SIII using Tapatalk 2
    2013 WRX Sedan DGM

-Paul

do you have to press an OK everytime this unit comes on? is that super annoying?

I Support ClubWRX

Quote Originally Posted by seanx820 View Post
    do you have to press an OK everytime this unit comes on? is that super annoying?
    Yes. And the firmware hasn't been cracked to my understanding. That is annoying.
    2011 STi Build Log

Do you have your blue/white wire (antenna) connected to anything but the bypass?
    2013 SWP WRX Sedan

I Support ClubWRX

Quote Originally Posted by floods View Post
    Do you have your blue/white wire (antenna) connected to anything but the bypass?
    Yeah. The stock radio needs it for its antennae booster. Also you'll need the signal for any amps or possibly the reverse camera.
    2011 STi Build Log

Yeah. The stock radio needs it for its antennae booster. Also you'll need the signal for any amps or possibly the reverse camera.
    This is what confuses me: the bypass instructions say NOT to connect the blue wire to the antenna (blue/white from HU). What needs to be soldered to what?

Everyone loves pictures.

2013 SWP WRX Sedan

I Support ClubWRX

The bypass looks different than mine. It should take the remote power (blue/white from hu), some form of 12v power I think, and output the parking brake signal that is attached to the hu (that's the one you leave disconnected on the car side)

Make any sense?

Edit: it looks like you are correct. You should connect the car antenna, the hu remote power, and that parking brake blue lead all together.
    2011 STi Build Log

The bypass looks different than mine. It should take the remote power (blue/white from hu), some form of 12v power I think, and output the parking brake signal that is attached to the hu (that's the one you leave disconnected on the car side)

Make any sense?

Edit: it looks like you are correct. You should connect the car antenna, the hu remote power, and that parking brake blue lead all together.
    Worked! Had today off for MLK so I took a few hours and got everything installed. I'm still learning the ins and outs, but I really like it so far... sooooo much possibility for what you can do with AR2+ARLiberator.

Gotta say man, would've been much more difficult had you not made this thread (and helped with questions). Thanks a ton!
    2013 SWP WRX Sedan

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by floods View Post
    Worked! Had today off for MLK so I took a few hours and got everything installed. I'm still learning the ins and outs, but I really like it so far... sooooo much possibility for what you can do with AR2+ARLiberator.

Gotta say man, would've been much more difficult had you not made this thread (and helped with questions). Thanks a ton!
    No problem. Glad it was of use!

Just one final rule of thumb.. The developer for ARL is great. Go ahead and post up on the forums with any issues. He is pretty good about finding a work around for you. I've found in the current version, you have to let it connect before plugging it in - otherwise the default program takes over.

Enjoy =)
    2011 STi Build Log

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.