Wrx stock radio
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Wrx stock radio within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; I have a 2013 WRX with the stock Clarion sourced radio. I had this unit replaced with a single DIN ...

Wrx stock radio

I have a 2013 WRX with the stock Clarion sourced radio. I had this unit replaced with a single DIN Pioneer DEH-P8400BH. The sound quality difference is amazing. I had previously replaced the stock door speakers with Infinity speakers. The sound quality was better, but still not good. Subaru needs to put a quality radio in their car from the factory. For those who like their music, replace the stock radio. You won't be sorry.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Re: Wrx stock radio

We know.

But I for one didn't buy the car for the radio ;-)

Posted from a fone.

No one buys a car for the radio. However, many, if not most manufacturers put quality audio in their cars.

I Support ClubWRX

Wrx stock radio

That has not been my experience. Even the HU in my G35c was pretty much junk to my ear.
    Making a car with poor audio sound better is pretty trivial, in the grand scheme of things. Making a non-enthusiast car into an enthusiast car is often a much bigger deal.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

I think most of you have ultra sensitive hearing, or perhaps mine is seriously deteriorating (I listened to way too much loud music as a teen and in my early twenties) In fact every car/ truck I owned from about 16-24 had a serious sound system in it. That said I have a base '13 WRX, my only options are the STi black shift knob, trunk tray and arm-rest with rear cup holder. Anyway I find the stock sound decent enough but I'm no longer an audiophile.

In fact you guys won't believe me but the stock setup in my '13 WRX is better to my ears than the Harman Kardon unit in my wife's '11 Outback that we paid $1100 extra for lol.
    Current vehicles:

2013 WRX Sedan, Base, SWP, Wingless
    2011 Outback, Premium, 2.5i, CVT , SWP
    2011 Ford F-150, SuperCab, XLT, 5.0L, V8

Quote Originally Posted by Pool Runner View Post
    I think most of you have ultra sensitive hearing, or perhaps mine is seriously deteriorating (I listened to way too much loud music as a teen and in my early twenties) In fact every car/ truck I owned from about 16-24 had a serious sound system in it. That said I have a base '13 WRX, my only options are the STi black shift knob, trunk tray and arm-rest with rear cup holder. Anyway I find the stock sound decent enough but I'm no longer an audiophile.

In fact you guys won't believe me but the stock setup in my '13 WRX is better to my ears than the Harman Kardon unit in my wife's '11 Outback that we paid $1100 extra for lol.
    The stock radio in my 13 wrx is quite bad, any music with the slightest hint of bass makes the door panels snap, crackle, and pop.

i wanted to keep my HU and factory controls, blue tooth so i added a sound processor, amp and sub.
    2012 WRX Premium Hatch, Stage 2
    Ice Silver Metal

I Support ClubWRX
    I'll readily admit to being a little bit of an audio snob...though I'm too cheap to go completely audiophile. I grew up in a family of musicians, and I think it raised the bar for me when it comes to this kind of thing.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

I Support ClubWRX
    sound systems are for slow cars. or for someone who does not fully enjoy driving.. lol
    but in my opinion unless you are really going to invest in a serious system its a waste of money that you could put into the engine. I have speakers that play my music between the times I dont just listen to that Boxer engine run
    Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary… that’s what gets you.

I leave you all with this:

I Support ClubWRX
    The stock stereo is more than sufficient for me but I'm not an audio nut/audiophile/whatever else you want to call it. I have had better stock sound systems in other vehicles I've owned but I'd rather put money into performance gains vice audio gains right now. Maybe one day, after I go rotated and beef up the engine, I'll do something with the stereo system....but I doubt it.

I Support ClubWRX

Re: Wrx stock radio

I held off on the audio for a while. My system in my 11 STi wasn't the best. Having it on aux in was pretty good actually.

Was pretty short on both highs and lows... But yet so is just about any factory system it seems (bose... Looking at you!).
    Comes down to priorities. Once you get your car closer to where you want it in one area, you start to look towards others. I don't really have motivation to do a fuel system upgrade or a turbo swap going into winter.. But a head unit and sub is a nice addition.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    He was throwing balloons filled with sulfuric acid and shrapnel at the swat team. They finally had to take him down with rubber bullets.
    2011 STi Build Log
    -Part 1 - Reading, Data Logging, and Analyzing Data
    -Part 2 - Turbocharger 101 & Basic Boost Control
    -Part 3 - EcuFlash, Experimental Defintions, and a Drive By Wire Intro

Quote Originally Posted by lashak View Post
    sound systems are for slow cars. or for someone who does not fully enjoy driving.. lol
    but in my opinion unless you are really going to invest in a serious system its a waste of money that you could put into the engine. I have speakers that play my music between the times I dont just listen to that Boxer engine run
    Exactly
    Current vehicles:

2013 WRX Sedan, Base, SWP, Wingless
    2011 Outback, Premium, 2.5i, CVT , SWP
    2011 Ford F-150, SuperCab, XLT, 5.0L, V8

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Out of the seven or eight cars I've had (don't remember exactly) none of them came with a OEM radio that was worth keeping.

Wrx stock radio

Quote Originally Posted by UEDan View Post
    I leave you all with this:
    +1

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.