Best touchscreen for 2008 impreza that can use the wheel controls
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Best touchscreen for 2008 impreza that can use the wheel controls within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; Hey guys I saw how easy it is to replace the radio on the impreza so I think I am ...

Best touchscreen for 2008 impreza that can use the wheel controls

Hey guys I saw how easy it is to replace the radio on the impreza so I think I am going to do this mod on my own but the question is this. I have the stereo controls on my steering wheel and I was wondering is there a way to get a touch screen unit that would work with these controls or is it after I put in a aftermarket touchscreen unit then I lose this function. I only ask because I know a friend that Toyota could not use the steering controls after he put in a aftermarket unit so i figured you guys would know the best thing for the job.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Check out ae64.com

The guy that runs that site sells harnesses that contain all the wires you need, recommends the steering wheel controls interface, and explains how to configure it as well as the various ins/outs of it. Really a good site.

I got the generic metra harness for mine, but had to hack into the factory wiring for steering wheel controls. I'd recommend spending the extra $5-$10 for the one from that site.

I got the apps 2 radio head unit from pioneer. I like it. I don't think you'll be disappointed with any after market head unit. Car audio does tend to be a slippery slope though . I'm doing my amp wiring for my sub shortly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    He was throwing balloons filled with sulfuric acid and shrapnel at the swat team. They finally had to take him down with rubber bullets.
    2011 STi Build Log
    -Part 1 - Reading, Data Logging, and Analyzing Data
    -Part 2 - Turbocharger 101 & Basic Boost Control
    -Part 3 - EcuFlash, Experimental Defintions, and a Drive By Wire Intro

my old camry 95 I put in 1 12in 600rms sub, 1fert cap, a 800w amp for the sub and 600w amp for interior speakers with a pioneer head unit. I have since stopped doing this with my Subaru I want to keep myself to just a head unit. I dont want to get back into the speaker habits of my college days lol

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by digitalbots View Post
    my old camry 95 I put in 1 12in 600rms sub, 1fert cap, a 800w amp for the sub and 600w amp for interior speakers with a pioneer head unit. I have since stopped doing this with my Subaru I want to keep myself to just a head unit. I dont want to get back into the speaker habits of my college days lol
    I think you'll be surprised how much just a head unit cleans it up. The added feature set is nice as well. =)
    He was throwing balloons filled with sulfuric acid and shrapnel at the swat team. They finally had to take him down with rubber bullets.
    2011 STi Build Log

Quote Originally Posted by Heide264 View Post
    I got the apps 2 radio head unit from pioneer. I like it.
    I'm probably going the same route, AR2. What are you running it off of?

I Support ClubWRX

Re: Best touchscreen for 2008 impreza that can use the wheel controls

Quote Originally Posted by floods View Post
    I'm probably going the same route, AR2. What are you running it off of?
    A galaxy nexus. If you are running android, look up arliberator... Essential (pricey) application for it.

The a2r isn't flawless, but it was exactly what I was looking for in a head unit. I guess you could call it a niche product.
    2011 STi Build Log

Quote Originally Posted by Heide264 View Post
    A galaxy nexus. If you are running android, look up arliberator... Essential (pricey) application for it.

The a2r isn't flawless, but it was exactly what I was looking for in a head unit. I guess you could call it a niche product.
    Yeah, it's basically a media shell to run a device through, right? I've got a rooted/flashed Razr Maxx that I just want to mirror. I've seen the reviews of ARLiberater, and it looks like exactly what I've been searching for.

How hard is it to set up every time? Plug and play with your Nexus after you initially set it up?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    2013 SWP WRX Sedan

I Support ClubWRX

Yup. Application has come a long way. Start car, plug in phone. Done.

Pretty slick. The screen has a nicer resolution than most head units I have seen as well.

The developer is very willing to reach out as well if you have a request that is possible.
    2011 STi Build Log

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.