Really good touchscreen head units? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Really good touchscreen head units? within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; Originally Posted by dan5505 Do any of you guys have experience with the 2013 Pioneer models? I don't need navigation. ...

Quote Originally Posted by dan5505 View Post
    Do any of you guys have experience with the 2013 Pioneer models? I don't need navigation. These two models look pretty sweet.

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Pioneer AVH-X3500BHS

The top one has a 7" display and the bottom one has a 6.1" display. Both are XM compatible and have android integration for pandora. $477 and $374 on Amazon.

I just bought the X3500. I haven't received it yet but from what I understand they should be no different than the other pioneer touchscreens.
    Subaru WRX 2011 Spark Silver Metallic

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Ive had the Pioneer AVH3200, 4200, and 4400 in different cars and I love that line. It's very easy to use, 7in touch screen, and the customization on it is pretty good. No GPS, but you can get them now with built in bluetooth, so you can just run gps from your phone and play it through your HU if you'd like.

def recommend them.

Really good touchscreen head units?

Just picked up an Alpine INA-W910. Hopefully have time to install it soon. Looks pretty amazing thus far...
    Last edited by careercadaver; 12-05-2012 at 10:13 PM.

I've been looking at the pioneer x5500, anyone have any experience with it? Also with the nav hook up you can get? I'm in the market for a touch screen Headunit, 7" display. This one seems to fit what I want best and has great reviews. Also want the jdm bezel? i think it is to make it look clean. Input would be great.

"JDM Bezel" throws a lot of people off. It's just the dash trim for the forester radio. I bought one awhile ago. Just waiting to find the right HU to upgrade to.
    '14 SWP STI

fits the wrx tho with a 7" screen?

Quote Originally Posted by ElusiveSAV View Post
    I've been looking at the pioneer x5500, anyone have any experience with it? Also with the nav hook up you can get? I'm in the market for a touch screen Headunit, 7" display. This one seems to fit what I want best and has great reviews. Also want the jdm bezel? i think it is to make it look clean. Input would be great.
    I have this in my '13 and love the head unit. I ran it with stock speakers for about 3 months and it was definitely noticeable but recently replaced speakers and put an amp to the system and it's a much better sounding system than just the HU swap! The HU is decently quick, I have an ipod in the glove box that is always hooked up. There is a Navi module that you can buy for this as well, but I just use my phone!

Quote Originally Posted by Schlanseay View Post
    I have this in my '13 and love the head unit. I ran it with stock speakers for about 3 months and it was definitely noticeable but recently replaced speakers and put an amp to the system and it's a much better sounding system than just the HU swap! The HU is decently quick, I have an ipod in the glove box that is always hooked up. There is a Navi module that you can buy for this as well, but I just use my phone!
    Knowing what you know now would you purchase the same unit again? Where did you purchase from? Did you buy the forester bezel so it fit nice and OEM?

Knowing what you know now would you purchase the same unit again? Where did you purchase from? Did you buy the forester bezel so it fit nice and OEM?
    Yes I would, I am actually looking for a slightly used one fro my wife's forester. The only other one that intrigues me is is a Kenwood I saw somewhere on NASIOC where the face of the screen can tilt downward, but I looked it up and it was a $1k HU. I don't have the forester bezel. I got the mounting kit for it instead and I think it looks great. I have an extra kit if you are interested! I purchased it from amazon, but since then I have done all of my purchases from sonicelectronix. Shoot me a pm with your digits I can text you a photo of it.

fits the wrx tho with a 7" screen?
    Yes. Lookup part # 66065SC130.

I bought mine at Annapolis Subaru since they keep them on the shelf. It was like $70 with shipping but well worth it. No aftermarket kit is ever going to match the factory trim like the one from another Suby.
    '14 SWP STI

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12