best way to upgrade 2011 audio - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on best way to upgrade 2011 audio within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; Check out ae64.com - I used his wiring guide with great success. You won't use most of the wires on ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Check out ae64.com - I used his wiring guide with great success. You won't use most of the wires on the steering wheel module.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    He was throwing balloons filled with sulfuric acid and shrapnel at the swat team. They finally had to take him down with rubber bullets.
    2011 STi Build Log
    -Part 1 - Reading, Data Logging, and Analyzing Data
    -Part 2 - Turbocharger 101 & Basic Boost Control
    -Part 3 - EcuFlash, Experimental Defintions, and a Drive By Wire Intro

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

yeah I used the AE64 pin chart to make up that spread sheet
    just think it's so much easier with that chart as a cheat guide
    made up the harness today, think it came out pretty good, I tinned all the connections and used butt ends instead of heat shrink

thanks Heide for all the help
    was gonna install this week, but it's dropping to 5 degrees for the next few days, so maybe not

few last questions:

couldn't find the thread on how easy it was to install the mic on the steering column (remember reading it)
    but just wondering the best place for it, steering column? sun visor? some where else? do something funky to the ome mic so it works with the new HU?
    I remember reading about this but couldn't find the thread again

Also looked into the avic unit, way too much $$$
    saw some people talking about how they use google maps, but not sure how they do it
    when I sink the phone will google maps and navigation also peer with the HU via blue tooth? or do I need a hdmi to composite converter to hook the phone up to the screen via the hdmi out on the phone? or something else?

Also I ordered part#66065SC130
    thought it was supposed to be flush with aftermarket head units? but there is definitely a gap and the plastic trim that came with the HU doesn't do crap
    WTF? I payed 80 bucks for that

A minor correction to your spreadsheet: "SWC B+" (Subaru pin #13) is not "12v ignition". Your connection list is correct, but I don't want to give anyone the impression that they are supposed to connect that wire to +12V.

I need to change how I label the SWC wires in my pin-out table. Subarus with the phone/Bluetooth buttons have 3 SWC wires -- ground, and the two positive leads (what I've been calling "A" and "B"). But since "B+" has another meaning in electronics, that has confused a few people. I should probably call them SWC1+ and SWC2+.

For your mic, I recommend testing several different locations temporarily -- without bothering to hide the wire yet. Go with the one that sounds best to your callers in various conditions (driving at speed with wind noise, rain, etc.).

I Support ClubWRX

Re: best way to upgrade 2011 audio

Are you sure you got the right part number on the bezel? Mine is nearly a perfect fit and both units should be the same size. I think I pulled the part number right off the bag mine came in off of my install pictures.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    He was throwing balloons filled with sulfuric acid and shrapnel at the swat team. They finally had to take him down with rubber bullets.
    2011 STi Build Log
    -Part 1 - Reading, Data Logging, and Analyzing Data
    -Part 2 - Turbocharger 101 & Basic Boost Control
    -Part 3 - EcuFlash, Experimental Defintions, and a Drive By Wire Intro

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12