2013 stereo head unit

This is a discussion on 2013 stereo head unit within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; Hey I'm trying to figure out which stereo/head units will fit the 2013 wrx. Is there a simple way to ...

2013 stereo head unit

Hey I'm trying to figure out which stereo/head units will fit the 2013 wrx. Is there a simple way to tell if a unit will fit? I'm assuming there are specific specs that I need to make sure match. My local audio stores don't have the units I'm interested in that is why I'm not sure what fits and what won't.

Any help would be appreciated

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

You would have to get a trim kit to fit around an aftermarket radio.

So any aftermarket kit will work with a trim kit? Thats what im confused about because some websites offer you a match to car system which made me think that the WRX may only be capable with certain model specs.

You might call the people at Crutchfield. They can help you.

They don't carry the one I'm looking at. Let me get specific the model is AVH-X5500BHS by pioneer. Can anyone tell me if its compatible?

I Support ClubWRX
    I would think that all double din units will fit in your car. The size always seems to be pretty universal considering that the OEM radios are usually made by aftermarket manufacturers. The only differences might be the size of the face but manufacturers leave enough room to utilize the appropriate trim kit to make it flush and take away any gaps.

All the websites that are "matching" the head unit to your car are really just trying to determine if the space is for a single din or double din and which trim kit it will require. If you're really questioning it, call a local shop or talk to Crutchfield. If I was you though I would not be concerned that the unit you want won't fit.

EDIT: I just looked up the specs of the unit you want compared to my P4400BH and the dimensions are exactly the same. You'll be fine. That'll add so much better sound to your system. Enjoy!
    Last edited by Ying; 11-13-2012 at 05:42 AM.
    2004 WRB WRX Cobb Stage II - Sold...2004 PSM STi Cobb Stage II - Sold...2011 WRB WRX Torqued Performance Stage I - Daily Driven
    My current average MPG

All single, one-and-a-half, and double dins will fit your WRX. Regardless of which one you get, you will need a mounting kit and will undoubtedly get the Scosche kit.

I have the AVIC-x930bt and it's by far the best one I've ever had, but my first double din touchscreen. I specifically wanted a detachable faceplate, and the 930 has just that, AND it's smaller than your finger so it can fit easily in your pocket (I have a keychain case for it).

Thanks Ying I appreciate the help! Im excited to get this thing installed the stock head unit was not my favorite haha
    Last edited by rockstar4l; 11-13-2012 at 10:55 AM.

I just got an Alpine 530 installed with an 8" Alpine sub in the back. This is one booming system :-D

Fit perfectly, very clean install, looks like it could be stock, but has a few blue lights that can't be changed to red. Retained all steering wheel functions, too.

Quote Originally Posted by degobah77 View Post
    I just got an Alpine 530 installed with an 8" Alpine sub in the back. This is one booming system :-D

Fit perfectly, very clean install, looks like it could be stock, but has a few blue lights that can't be changed to red. Retained all steering wheel functions, too.
    Did you do the install yourself?! What do you use to retain the steering wheel functions? My biggest concern with installing a double din is losing the functions and the stock speaker for Bluetooth as i dont want to have to stick some tiny microphone that is an eye sore above my head lol.

Sonic Sound did the install. They had an adapter of sorts for the steering wheel controls. Kept bluetooth functions, volume, skip and mode abilities, but they could not use the WRX's stock BT mic. They installed the Alpine one above my head, but I didn't even notice it until they pointed it out. So, not an eye sore after all.

Okay good deal. I am definitely going to sonic sound after reading their reviews. Lots of satisfied customers!! Thanks for the tip

What state?