2012/2013 wrx hatchback double din question
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on 2012/2013 wrx hatchback double din question within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; I am looking to add a nav in dash double din to the subie and every one i choose amazon ...

I am looking to add a nav in dash double din to the subie and every one i choose amazon says "this will not fit your vehicle." here are the one im interested in:

Amazon.com: Pioneer AVIC-X940BT In-Dash Navigation AV Receiver with 6.1" WVGA Touchscreen and Built-In Bluetooth: Electronics

if the only thing stopping me from adding the Subaru double din nav system is i believe, the relay, then why wouldnt these double din units work?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Thats not true - I just ordered this exact head unit and it definitely fits in the 12 and 13 WRXs.

Future 2013 WRX Sedan Owner

Will installing this headunit conflict with the stock set up of the blue tooth? I want to be able to use the buttons on the steering wheel for the blue tooth and am hoping its possible to keep these as functional.

I Support ClubWRX

You'll have to buy an after market controller to translate between your controls and the HU. Can follow instructions and splice a few wires together? If so install it yourself. If not take it to a shop or find a friend

Re: 2012/2013 wrx hatchback double din question

My pioneer 7inch,I'd recommend having a pro install it steering wheel controls r a Bitch.

-sent from my galaxy s3
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails uploadfromtaptalk1351399108489.jpg  
    PERRIN TMIC (black) / PERRIN CAI (red) / PERRIN Radiator Shroud (red)
    Cobb Accessport / Invidia Q300 Catback / Invidia DP / SPT Boost Gauge
    Pioneer 7" Nav w/ backup camera / SPT STS / Red Hella's / Kartboy Bushing
    6K lowbeams 6K fogs 6k DRL / Grimmspeed Plate Relocation / Cobb Heat Shield
    Cobb Red Shift Knob / Rally Armor Mud Flaps / 08 STi center console swap

tell me... which model do you have and are you happy with it?

I had the AVIC-D3 Pioneer head unit and loved it but it needed the CD in it to run the navigation so I will not purchase that again.

Also- who installed yours and what was the cost?

I Support ClubWRX
    I bought a Pioneer AVH-4400BH, it's simple to install. The bitch of things is the wiring of course but this is my 3rd headunit I've installed in my 3rd vehicle. Personally I'm a fan of drop off/pick-up service but I figured I'd try it first. When I went to the local audio place for everything to be done it was going to be about $800 out the door installed.

Quote Originally Posted by rurso01 View Post
    tell me... which model do you have and are you happy with it?

I had the AVIC-D3 Pioneer head unit and loved it but it needed the CD in it to run the navigation so I will not purchase that again.

Also- who installed yours and what was the cost?
    It's the z130bt love it.

-sent from my galaxy s3

what did you spend on yours and what is a typical installation cost for one of these so i have something to compare to

Everywhere its basically 185-200 for a double din, plus 75-100for steering wheel controls.

-sent from my galaxy s3

Don't know about Pioneer, but I'm having a 6.1" Alpine W530 installed on Friday and all steering wheel functions will be retained for about $800. Gonna add a sub to the mix if he can keep it under a grand...

Ah nevermind, you want navi...
    Last edited by degobah77; 11-06-2012 at 02:21 PM.

Is that including the Bluetooth for the steering controls? I have seen the harness to use the stereo steering controls but was wondering if there was one for Bluetooth steering controls??

Quote Originally Posted by degobah77 View Post
    Don't know about Pioneer, but I'm having a 6.1" Alpine W530 installed on Friday and all steering wheel functions will be retained for about $800. Gonna add a sub to the mix if he can keep it under a grand...

Ah nevermind, you want navi...

800?!?! To install a touch screen?! I recall spending a couple hundred for my installation (minus the steering wheel controls and blue tooth of course). Where are you paying that much for an install?

Well, the parts alone are close to 600 (unit is $450, then harness, kit, and steering wheel adapter), so he's only charging me 192 to install it. It's a car audio place in Arlington, VA. Sonic Sound - I went there because the reviews everywhere else were scary and this place had a lot of 5 stars and happy customers.

And yea, he said he can usually keep the steering wheel bluetooth controls working as well.
    Last edited by degobah77; 11-07-2012 at 09:38 AM.

Oh okay well that's sounds right... I thought it was $800 just to install and parts. You included the head unit in the price. Did you buy the harness and the wiring for the Bluetooth and steering controls? All in all 192 isn't bad

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.