Is there a does it all stereo receiver?

This is a discussion on Is there a does it all stereo receiver? within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; My friend just bought a 2013 Dodge Dart Limited. It came with an awesome touch screen radio. I had to ...

Is there a does it all stereo receiver?

My friend just bought a 2013 Dodge Dart Limited. It came with an awesome touch screen radio. I had to say the thing is pretty sweet! He can get the weather, movie times, and gas prices right on the radio. I've looked at the aftermarket receivers on Crutchfield but cant seem to find an aftermarket radio that can do the same. Does anyone know of one?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

The DNX9990HD is a nice stereo. I had a Pionner Z130BT that I got rid of because the GPS was bad. In the Kenwood, I find the MP3 system is worse than the Pioneer. I think its all preference really. I like Garmin but I loved the Z130BT better for music playing.

July 2005 - WRX 2005 Limited - Sold for 12,500$ at 68k.
    August 2012 - STI 2013 Limited - Arrived October 19th

movie times and gas prices???

shouldn't we concentrate more on driving than surfing the web? ... Just a thought.

I like my old pioneer AVIC F710BT .. but its a bit slow next to the new units and the screen isn't as sensitive.

Depends man, you're not going to find a aftermarket receiver that does movie times and fuel prices.. there are a bunch that do traffic updates and re-route functions based on traffic.. there are also one's that work with Iphone's and pandora and all that. Weather would be really nice though.. I like that Idea, especially if you could get it so it gives the weather alerts along your route.

What functions do you need?? Ultimately that and budget will determine what you will end up with.
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    My name is Shawn, I'm a Devout Practicalist and I'm addicted to flat4's
    This page has had 1,666 visits
    SUCH IS MANGO!

Re: Is there a does it all stereo receiver?

I was checking out that Kenwood receiver, it looks awesome. However I'm not sure if you can get things like the weather on it.

Sent from my Galaxy SIII using Tapatalk 2
    2013 WRX Sedan DGM

-Paul

I dont know of any rig that will do weather for you, that's pretty ground breaking. Closest I've been to that was having a weather band on a digital CB radio lol ... waaaaayyy back.
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    My name is Shawn, I'm a Devout Practicalist and I'm addicted to flat4's
    This page has had 1,666 visits
    SUCH IS MANGO!

Quote Originally Posted by mangostick View Post
    movie times and gas prices???

shouldn't we concentrate more on driving than surfing the web? ... Just a thought.

I like my old pioneer AVIC F710BT .. but its a bit slow next to the new units and the screen isn't as sensitive.

Depends man, you're not going to find a aftermarket receiver that does movie times and fuel prices.. there are a bunch that do traffic updates and re-route functions based on traffic.. there are also one's that work with Iphone's and pandora and all that. Weather would be really nice though.. I like that Idea, especially if you could get it so it gives the weather alerts along your route.

What functions do you need?? Ultimately that and budget will determine what you will end up with.
    Its not that I have to do things like that. Nor would I do it while driving. I'm a techy guy so I enjoy new cool stuff. So when I saw it in my buddies car, I got curious if any aftermarket companies had anything developed like that. All else fails my phone does these things.

2013 WRX Sedan DGM

-Paul

Quote Originally Posted by squiRe2001 View Post
    I was checking out that Kenwood receiver, it looks awesome. However I'm not sure if you can get things like the weather on it.

There's a large retractable screen just to the left of the driver seat that is excellent for checking weather.

Sorry, I couldn't resist.
    Ready, Fire, Aim!
    2013 SWP WRX Hatch
    Austin, Texas

Proud Member #512 of the Stink-Eye Mob

Quote Originally Posted by Gendax View Post
    There's a large retractable screen just to the left of the driver seat that is excellent for checking weather.

Sorry, I couldn't resist.
    Lol thats a good one

2013 WRX Sedan DGM

-Paul

I had the JVC Arsenal KW-ADV64BT DVD receiver installed. Makes a huge difference even with the stock speakers. It's set up to be fully compatible with the motion x gps drive app for iPhone. This unit is made with the iPhone in mind. It might not be all the great without it. But I am very pleased.