Speaker Shopping

This is a discussion on Speaker Shopping within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; Anyone here try the Infinity Kappa Perfect 6.1 components in their WRX? I have been listening to lots of different ...

Speaker Shopping

Anyone here try the Infinity Kappa Perfect 6.1 components in their WRX? I have been listening to lots of different stuff. Really looking for something that will fit into the front sail panel by the mirrors on each door. I have listened to some stuff from Hertz and Hybrid Audio (Clarus) really like them, but the $$$ hurts.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I like German Maestro, or Focal speakers.
    2012 SWP 5door Premium!!!

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Also look into Hybrid Audio Technologies. Their Imagine series components are affordable and should end up sounding better then Kappa Perfects.

Thanks for the info. I will look into those as well.

I Support ClubWRX

Re: Speaker Shopping

Just like with all the exhaust threads...

What speakers have you heard? You should hit up local car audio stores and see which speakers suit your ear.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

I have Focals. They are incredible.

But again, what have you heard? Also, what is your budget? That will play a huge role in what you can get.

Infinity Kappas are very good speakers for the money. I had a full amplified set all around in my old BMW. They were excellent.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

I have listened to Hybrid Audio Clarus, Hertz Hi-Energy, JL Audios, Infinity, and Focal. The Hertz and Hybrid audio tweeter will not mount in the stock sail panel. The Focals were Ok compared to them, but did not seem as detailed as the Infinity. I was not impressed with the JL Audio stuff throughout the range. The Hertz Hi-energies had an amazing bass response.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazyjohnny
    I have listened to Hybrid Audio Clarus, Hertz Hi-Energy, JL Audios, Infinity, and Focal. The Hertz and Hybrid audio tweeter will not mount in the stock sail panel. The Focals were Ok compared to them, but did not seem as detailed as the Infinity. I was not impressed with the JL Audio stuff throughout the range. The Hertz Hi-energies had an amazing bass response.
    You don't want them in the sails; you want the tweeters mounted in the kick panels or the A-Pillar for proper staging.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC