Part two of my audio upgrade getting ordered!
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Part two of my audio upgrade getting ordered! within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; Front components with imaging tweeters (CDT CDT Audio CL 62 Pro 6.5" Component Set with UpStage | Easy Way Electronics, ...

I Support ClubWRX

Part two of my audio upgrade getting ordered!

Front components with imaging tweeters (CDT CDT Audio CL 62 Pro 6.5" Component Set with UpStage | Easy Way Electronics, Inc.) and a JL AUDIO XD700/5 amp (JL Audio XD700/5 700W RMS, 5-Channel Class D XD Series Car Amplifier). A Serius/XM receiver and a navigation add on for the Pioneer will finnish the upgrade.

The final upgrades will be a down pipe, exhaust and a chip for enhancement of the driving experience.
    2015 WRX - Crystal Black Silca
    Cobb Axess Tuner -- Coming- BrenTuning ECU Solutions
    Pioneer NEX 4000, Alpine PDX 9V, JL Audio C5 650 front /rear components, JL Audio 10TW1-4: 10-inch Subwoofer, Axxess ASWC-1 Steering Wheel Control Adapter

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Nice! Total opposite of my plan, I intend to hit up performance first, then stereo.

What are your plans for a tune?
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

I Support ClubWRX
    Tune will probably be from a Cobb tuner.
    I did the extreme mod thing on my last car (2001 Camaro) to the tune of almost 600 RWHP. this time I'm going for the tunes first then I'll go with some mild intake and exhaust mods.
    Pioneer NEX 4000, Alpine PDX 9V, JL Audio C5 650 front /rear components, JL Audio 10TW1-4: 10-inch Subwoofer, Axxess ASWC-1 Steering Wheel Control Adapter

Cool! I have a soft spot for those 2000's camaros. Would love to see some pics if you have em!

You probably know this, but I've learned to always say rather than not. Intake and exhaust with these cars generally require a tune. So many people start with an off-the-shelf tune first, then get the pro-tune once they get the other parts.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

I Support ClubWRX
    What is this navigation add on for the Pioneer you mentioned? Any plans for a sub?
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

I Support ClubWRX
    Pioneer makes an add on nav unit for it's AVH units (AVIC-U220 add-on navigation system).
    A stealth sub with a JL AUDIO 6W10V3 sub is in the future. At that time I'll rewire my rear door mid/woofer/subs to be mid woofers, basically turning my front components into a three way plus imaging tweeters.

I never researched audio equipment. I am more of a home audio than car audio guy. Can you guys give me a rough estimate of the cost to swap out the double din to aftermarket. LIke a pioneer or kenwood?

Can you tell me the cost with Nav/without? I realize the decks are like 500-1000 but I hear people talking about processors and such?

I Support ClubWRX

Re: Part two of my audio upgrade getting ordered!

Quote Originally Posted by ruetzal
    I never researched audio equipment. I am more of a home audio than car audio guy. Can you guys give me a rough estimate of the cost to swap out the double din to aftermarket. LIke a pioneer or kenwood?

Can you tell me the cost with Nav/without? I realize the decks are like 500-1000 but I hear people talking about processors and such?
    Headunit
    Bezel (depending on car)
    Wiring harness

Bezel should be $100 or less. Harness should be $25 or less.

You don't need a processor of any kind for a simple H/U swap.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.