Newbie - 2013 WRX Base Audio Questions

This is a discussion on Newbie - 2013 WRX Base Audio Questions within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; Well i finally ordered my 2013 WRX. Should be in a couple weeks. Very psyched! I have a few questions ...

Newbie - 2013 WRX Base Audio Questions

Well i finally ordered my 2013 WRX. Should be in a couple weeks. Very psyched! I have a few questions on the audio system.

-The media hub, what versions/models of ipods work with it and give full functionality? Will an ipod nano 6th gen work with it?
    -i have also heard others using a usb flash drive instead of ipod. Just plug it in and off you go? How do you have to store/name songs on the drive for this to work?
    -Will the system recognize any brand MP3 player and give functionality to access the songs, playlists, etc?
    -I have heard the OEM under seat subs are terrible, true?

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

It works pretty well with just about any iPod. It would not work with my old Gen 2 iPod that used the Firewire cable and not USB. But works with various iPhones and iPods.

I have never heard the under seat sub, but if you do any research you will find that for a lot less money, you can get a lot better performance

all the oem subs are bad.....

Just an FYI - my stock base radio absolutely sucks. I can't wait to put in my avic x930bt...

I Support ClubWRX
    A little more info, the Bluetooth in WRX SUX!!! It sounds like your in a tunnel. Get a good aftermarket head unit, speakers, sub and a good multi channel amp.
    2015 WRX - Crystal Black Silca
    Too new for mods.

Quote Originally Posted by 1oldman View Post
    A little more info, the Bluetooth in WRX SUX!!! It sounds like your in a tunnel. Get a good aftermarket head unit, speakers, sub and a good multi channel amp.
    ditto on that. I have a hearing loss so this makes it terribly challenging to communicate... Not to mention, I need to increase the volume of the bluetooth phone in order to hear, but as soon as I hang up, the volume resets to a softer level, so everytime I answer the phone, I don't understand the very first thing they say if I don't remember to immediately answer and increase the volume.

CAN'T WAIT FOR MY AVIC.

What all do you need to install the avic x930bt?? Extra hardware, wiring harnesses for bluetooth compatibility to the steering wheel??

I Support ClubWRX
    You will need a install kit (Scoche) and a Axxess steering wheel control adapter. Amp and speakers are options for you to decide on.
    2015 WRX - Crystal Black Silca
    Too new for mods.

Quote Originally Posted by 1oldman View Post
    You will need a install kit (Scoche) and a Axxess steering wheel control adapter. Amp and speakers are options for you to decide on.
    what he said.

I ordered all my stuff through Subaru radio and radio wiring harness information He sells an adapter kit for the center console aux input if you want it. You'll have to figure out a way to adapt your USB though.