Subwoofer Box, I need help builing one with cool dimentions to fit my trunk

This is a discussion on Subwoofer Box, I need help builing one with cool dimentions to fit my trunk within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; iv built a ported sub enclosure for my wrx impreza 02.....i have a 12 inch pioneer sub with a 1200 ...

Question Subwoofer Box, I need help builing one with cool dimentions to fit my trunk

iv built a ported sub enclosure for my wrx impreza 02.....i have a 12 inch pioneer sub with a 1200 amp, in my vr4 it kicked ass and you could hear me
    blocks away with on sub, now you can barely hear it in my Subaru, what the hell!!??, iv seen some wicked custom boxes , there cool but i want to keep my spare tire and i dont want
    to give up the luxury of having a trunk to put my things in , my friend has the same car same sub but with factory enclosure, it sounds amazing, and my brothers does to, he drives an 02 2.5 rs
    but neither of them have the trunk space to fit a long board or pull out the spare tire with eeess
    does anyone have a good idea, im willing to cut out the center fold down in my back seat,
    iv had some good ideas but i don't know how well they would work, im not looking to buy a box you built,
    or anything like that, i just need help building one, and id love to look at some picture suggestions ,
    let me know how yours looks even if its just a box

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Its way to early to read all this. I'll come back later
    2012 Limited Black Pearl WRX
    My Build to Destruction
    52 Week Project

just measure your space dimensions and design off that. also research should be done on the acoustics of a ported box vs nonported and where to put the port to get the best sound. i have an 02 as well and want to make one to put on the back left side of the trunk so it doesnt take up alot of space. just a 10" to get some extra thump. just look at some custom boxes on google or find a fitted one for your car, look at the demensions and try the build.

ya i have, thats what i did for a corner box ported and non ported i saw one on here a while back ago where he took the center fold down in the back seat, and
    built a frame to replace the rails where the seat hangs and bolts down, it was pretty sick but i dont know how well it bumped with a 800 wat amp