2009 wrx stock headset sub set up?

This is a discussion on 2009 wrx stock headset sub set up? within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; i have a premium 2009 wrx hatch with a navi touch screen stock headset . i want to get subs ...

2009 wrx stock headset sub set up?

i have a premium 2009 wrx hatch with a navi touch screen stock headset . i want to get subs but dont know if they will run up with the stock headset .does anybody know how to run it with a stock headset . ive heard dual side rca cables would plug in straight to the back of the headset. help!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

what kind of sub's? do you have all stock set up?
    STAGE 1 IS MORE FUN BUT STAGE 2 THERE'S MORE TO DO

Not sure if the stock setup has a place for RCA cables or not...but you could also run a line out box of some sort that use speaker level inputs. It's a little converter box that would allow you to plug in RCAs from it to an amp, and would also utilize a remote signal to tell the amp to power on.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

I Support ClubWRX
    Pull the H/U out and look at the connections on the back. You'll either be able to run the amp like you would to an aftermarket unit (which has the proper inputs) or you'll need to buy a Line-Out Converter (maybe $25).
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

ill try to look behind the headset. but thanks guys for the help!

I Support ClubWRX
    i have the stock head unit in my car and i got an adapter to go from the wires to rca and it worked great
    2011 Subaru WRX Premium
    1988 Ford Mustang GT
    2000 Jeep Wrangler TJ