Where To Start With Sound
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Where To Start With Sound within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; So to start off I just want to say I only have a few hundred bucks. I was thinking about ...

Where To Start With Sound

So to start off I just want to say I only have a few hundred bucks. I was thinking about going mud flaps before sound improvement, but I realize I have no use for flaps, just looks. So I don't know too much about sound, but I do know the guy who sold me his car had a sub setup, and he left all the wiring in so I could just slap a sub and amp in there. Based on reading other posts, I think I should get a new head unit, but I have bluetooth and usb/aux inputs in the center console. I was wondering if there is anyway I can still hook those up and if the steering wheel bluetooth control will still work with a new receiver along with the in-car mic. If anyone could post a decent one that fits a 2011 premium hatch, please do. I'm looking for advice so anything at all will help!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I think you are SOL for the stock bluetooth microphone and integrating it with a non-stock audio control unit. Last time I checked, it was a proprietary connection and no one made an interface for it.

Your best bet would be to find an after market head unit that offers all the features you want, and is compatible with the Axxess steering wheel controller. I'm about one month away from doing HU, amp, and door speakers, possibly doing subs too. I just need to decide on a head unit, lol and purchase my wire.

really, why couldn't you just add an amp and some better speakers to the current system? If it's a base like mine I can't imagine it even has an amp lol.

I Support ClubWRX
    That's exactly what I plan to do. I already have an amp and sub installed. Speakers are next. Although, I have read that the problem with this whole system is the head unit. But I'm willing to take the risk of doing to speakers and hoping it fixes the quality.

I've been out of the stereo thing for a LONGGGG time and I honestly have no idea how this car is set-up as far as having amps or whatever. I've helped friends run amps from stock head units... I recall one not getting hooked up right and it burned up the head unit.

I would imagine you could see if someone was selling their premium sound system they are selling from one of their cars.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.