Does the sound system in the 2012 really suck that bad? - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

This is a discussion on Does the sound system in the 2012 really suck that bad? within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; Originally Posted by Mikie13 They probably won't spend more on the audio system simply for the fact that if someone ...

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    They probably won't spend more on the audio system simply for the fact that if someone really wants a better sounding set up, they are gonna yank the stock system anyway for aftermarket. So why waste company money?
    If they add $50 to the MSRP, it would only cost them an extra $20 to put a proper set up in the car = more profit + happier consumers without POS soundsystem.
    Indy Racing League - The answer to a question nobody asked.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Mf645 View Post
    I to have found the poor sound quality of the stock system to be annoying. At least it's no worse then what came in my R32.

In addition to sound quality, I am also looking for a great iPod interface and bluetooth to my iPhone.

Any suggestions on a DD size head unit? Not looking for anything crazy, I'll probably stop at the new head unit
    I searched high and low for the best bang for the DD HU. Came up with a Kenwood DDX719. Audiophile sound and will display your iPhone app from Garmin on the screen for almost free navigation. I'm going to use a 3 channel amp with CDT Comonents up front and a JL Audio 10W3-2 sub in a custom enclosure.
    I also had an 08 R32, loved the car, hated the gas mileage, replaced all the speakers and amp. Sounded pretty good with the JL 500/5 amp running things.
    2015 WRX - Crystal Black Silca
    Coming - Cobb Axess Tuner
    Pioneer NEX 4000, Alpine PDX 9V, JL Audio C5 650 front /rear components, JL Audio 10TW1-4: 10-inch Subwoofer.

Yes, it does.
    Last edited by calisonic; 07-24-2012 at 02:49 AM. Reason: spelling

Now having my WRX for a few months I really dont think the stock radio is that bad. (at least with Ipod connected) My settings are:

Bass-0
    Middle-0
    Treble-8
    Fader-0
    Balance-0

The bass sound is ok with the setting on 0. Works just fine!
    2012 SWP 5door Premium!!!

It sucks bad IMO. My speakers went out on me couple of times. Its been almost two years and now I'll be looking to upgrade that finally as I'm sick of it. I delayed it as I opted for handling mod first as I think stereo (interior) is least on mod list. Hope they have fixed it in newer models. It should be at least some decent one.

Try turning the loudness on. I'm normally not a fan of that but it does help. With the radio on hold down presets 1&6 and press the audio settings knob (the one on the right) in and you'll see loudness on or off. You can also try through mode. With the car on and radio off, hold presets 1&3 and press the audio knob twice.

Sent from my Moto X using Tapatalk

It's ok with iPod and CD sources, but the radio performance is pretty bad. You would probably have a hard time finding a worse sounding system in even the cheapest cars sold today

Well yeah, the tuner they use is pretty sub par and if you really use the radio a lot then your only real option is a swap.

Sent from my Moto X using Tapatalk

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345