Does the sound system in the 2012 really suck that bad? - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on Does the sound system in the 2012 really suck that bad? within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; yeah, it's pretty weak... but it's cheaper to just upgrade yours than add the premium crap that comes with added ...

yeah, it's pretty weak... but it's cheaper to just upgrade yours than add the premium crap that comes with added weight some people may not want.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by NoVASTi View Post
    What better way to get acquainted with traffic and local news, especially with 1+ hour commutes? That's almost essential to commute in the DC metro area. In that regard, XM/Sirius aren't going to cut it and you're not getting news from a phone while you're driving...not through the HU, anyways. Many of the local stations here do music while offering news in music breaks. On my morning commutes, its all business...the quicker I get to work without hitting traffic jams, the better. The same for the commute home. Phone music is for weekends and trips, unfortunately.

Even through AUX, the music sounds like it's being played through a tin can.
    Yours sounds that bad through AUX? I use my droid and a belkin cable and it doesn't sound any worse than a CD for me... just really isn't loud enough, I expected that with a base stereo though I guess.

Personally I prefer to hear the car. But I listen to FM/BT/iPod/Aux when I'm on the freeway for a while.
    "Ah, it is the fault of our science that it wants to explain all; and if it explain not, then it says there is nothing to explain."
    -Van Helsing, from Bram Stoker's ​Dracula

I Support ClubWRX
    i have a jvc hd radio and love it...but the previous owner installed new speakers and crossovers...so thats probably helping the hd radio sound so clear....just added a kicker cvr 12 and a custom box with a 1800 w kenwood mono d amp...pure awesomeness
    2005 psm sti
    Blobeye Syndicate #2003
    2006 black honda vtx 1300c

"I dont always race wrc, but when i do i prefer subaru"

^^I too have a JVC receiver, but not HD radio. So far, so good. I listen to tons of AM sports radio (WFAN), so maybe the HD tuner will be a good idea in the future. However, streaming it in high quality on my phone over bluetooth does the trick!
    I have a low Reynolds number

TP Stage 1 - 2012 WRX Premium 5-Door SWP
    Pics!

Quote Originally Posted by WRXpa View Post
    ^^I too have a JVC receiver, but not HD radio. So far, so good. I listen to tons of AM sports radio (WFAN), so maybe the HD tuner will be a good idea in the future. However, streaming it in high quality on my phone over bluetooth does the trick!
    You have an HD tuner in your phone?
    "Ah, it is the fault of our science that it wants to explain all; and if it explain not, then it says there is nothing to explain."

I didn't think HD radio covered AM bandwaves.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

No, I use Radio.com to get that particular station and stream it over bluetooth to the HU. The SQ is very good that way. Much better than over-air
    I have a low Reynolds number

TP Stage 1 - 2012 WRX Premium 5-Door SWP
    Pics!

I do not mean to hijack this thread..My apologies...
    Can anybody let me know if 2011-2012 WRX/STi navigation HU can be a direct fitment to a base WRX? All the buttons and functions would work?

Quote Originally Posted by mru77 View Post
    Can anybody let me know if 2011-2012 WRX/STi navigation HU can be a direct fitment to a base WRX? All the buttons and functions would work?
    I'm sure it would. I don't see why they would make the plugs different.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    2012 SWP 5door Premium!!!

I to have found the poor sound quality of the stock system to be annoying. At least it's no worse then what came in my R32.

In addition to sound quality, I am also looking for a great iPod interface and bluetooth to my iPhone.

Any suggestions on a DD size head unit? Not looking for anything crazy, I'll probably stop at the new head unit

I heard that the sound system was terrible. I got the premium and I have no complaints about the sound. Also I did not buy the car for the stereo and if the way it sounds is the biggest complaint that people have about the WRX than that is good enough for me. Other cars have way worse issues than weak speakers that can be upgraded.
    Stink-Eye Mob #270
    Enjoy your driving.

Quote Originally Posted by mru77 View Post
    Should work, but you'd pay an insane amount of money for a still poor sounding stereo system. Just cause it's navi'd out doesn't mean it will sound any better. Still incredibly underpowered. Better off going aftermarket. Pioneer, Kenwood, and Alpine all make great double DIN headunits.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

I don't really think the stereo should be a factor on buying this car. Maybe another car, but not this one.

And hey Jaybee, your sig says that you have an STP cat-back. You mean SPT?

HAHA yeah I did. Thanks for pointing out the typo. Sometimes my fingers and my brain do not sync.
    Stink-Eye Mob #270
    Enjoy your driving.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.