Android Music Player Turns On in Car!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Android Music Player Turns On in Car! within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; I am currently searching the interwebs to see if anyone has a solution for this issue, so I figured I ...

Thumbs down Android Music Player Turns On in Car!

I am currently searching the interwebs to see if anyone has a solution for this issue, so I figured I would ask you guys as well.

I picked up my car on Friday, 5/27. Been loving every minute of it, 140 miles so far (I'll get some pictures up once I get out of the driver's seat). The one issue I've had with the car is actually more of a phone issue.

The stock Android Music Player turns on every time I get into the car and the Bluetooth syncs. This is quite annoying since I don't use the Music Player app, but the only way I have been able to stop it is by completely disconnecting the Bluetooth. Does anyone know any way to stop this but keep Bluetooth for calls? I have a Samsung Charge, with all the updates as far as I know.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    IIRC, there's a settings menu in Android that lets you select what applications launch upon certain connections. I switched to an iPhone a while back, so I'm a bit fuzzy on my Android stuff, but I seem to remember being able to do that.

I think part of the problem is that the phone sees your car's bluetooth signature as a media device, not a headset, so it tries to launch a media-related application.

Rage-wrx is one active Android user on here, he might know, or could check.
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

The pursuit of knowledge is hopeless and eternal... Hooray!!! - Professor Farnsworth

I Support ClubWRX
    I have the same problem with my iPhone. Every time I get in the car and my Bluetooth is on my iPhone starts playing the music app. There is no sound out of the iPhone but it is so annoying. I have to press pause every time.

what type of phone is it?

Mine does the same thing. I have a Droid Bionic.
    '11 WRX 5-door Premium - Satin White Pearl
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...-progress.html

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    I'm pretty sure there's a way to disable that, but if you don't use it why is it even installed? First thing I do when I get a new phone is remove all the bloatware I know I'm not going to use.

Unfortunately, it is not removable without rooting the phone (I don't really want to do that). And I do occasionally use it as a back up when I forget to charge my iPod.

I figured out how to allow the phone to use the car for calls, but not media, but I can't stream Pandora unless I enable the media again. Guess I will just have to deal with that. It is better than having to turn off the music player every time.

for those who have the bionic this is an awesome took.

smart actions – Search Results – Droid Life

I use my phone as a music player so I love this feature
    2012 WRX Limited Sedan w/ Nav - WRB
    SPT Exhaust, Cobb AP, SPT Short Throw Shifter, SPT Trunk Trim, RA mud flaps, Cobb Shift Knob, 50/15/15 tint

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    I'm not sure why you would be against rooting. All of my recent phones (Evo 4g, Evo 3D, and now Galaxy Note) have benefited greatly from root applications. Improved performance, and nearly doubled battery life on each device. Not to mention how great it is to be able to nandroid backup. If anything happens to the phone you can instantly restore everything exactly how it was, even onto another phone if yours was lost/stolen.

So wait, does it start playing just through the phone itself, or does it start playing through the car stereo?
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

Quote Originally Posted by Calvinball View Post
    So wait, does it start playing just through the phone itself, or does it start playing through the car stereo?
    I assume car stereo. That's what it does for me.
    2012 WRX Limited Sedan w/ Nav - WRB
    SPT Exhaust, Cobb AP, SPT Short Throw Shifter, SPT Trunk Trim, RA mud flaps, Cobb Shift Knob, 50/15/15 tint

The solution is obvious.

Just don't leave the head unit set to BT when you turn off the car. If you left it set to FM, USB, CD, etc, or even if you just had the radio off, you would not be hearing music from your phone when you start the car. If you left it on FM, you would hear the radio when you start the car.
    Good judgement comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgement.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Annihilator817 View Post
    The solution is obvious.

Just don't leave the head unit set to BT when you turn off the car. If you left it set to FM, USB, CD, etc, or even if you just had the radio off, you would not be hearing music from your phone when you start the car. If you left it on FM, you would hear the radio when you start the car.
    That is very much true. But my iPhone (4s) still plays media files. It is also weird because even though my phone plays the files there is no music out of the phone and just plays until I switch the car to bt mode

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.