Android Music Player Turns On in Car! - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Android Music Player Turns On in Car! within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; Hmm. I have had a few occasions where the phone would continue to play through it's crappy speaker after I ...

Hmm. I have had a few occasions where the phone would continue to play through it's crappy speaker after I turned the car off, but unless I left the car in BT on the stereo, I haven't had the phone just start playing music when I started up.

HTC Evo 4g by the way.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Annihilator817 View Post
    The solution is obvious.

Just don't leave the head unit set to BT when you turn off the car. If you left it set to FM, USB, CD, etc, or even if you just had the radio off, you would not be hearing music from your phone when you start the car. If you left it on FM, you would hear the radio when you start the car.

And just let the phone play away, draining the battery in the process? No thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by MainFrame View Post
    And just let the phone play away, draining the battery in the process? No thanks.
    That won't happen as long as the HU is not set to BT when you start the car.
    Good judgement comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgement.

Yea, makes sense that it wouldn't launch the player with nothing to connect to.

On a similar line of thinking, why not just turn off BT on your phone? Simply having it on drains the battery.

Because he wants the BT calling to work.

Bleh.. screw calling, I use the car to drive.

The BT connects to the stereo for calls no matter what setting the stereo is on.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

Quote Originally Posted by Calvinball View Post
    The BT connects to the stereo for calls no matter what setting the stereo is on.
    Correct.

But MainFrame asked "why not disable BT on the phone"

BT won't work if the BT radio on the phone is disabled.

Guys, the issue is not music playing through the stereo, or even actually playing from the phone (I always have the media volume all the way down on my phone). It is simply that the player starts, and plays the songs on my phone silently, but eats my phone battery. This happened no matter what the head unit was set to, as soon as the phone connected to the Bluetooth. The stock android music player is a pain to turn off. It doesn't have an off button per se, you just have to hit back a bunch of times and hope that it actually shut down, and is not running in the background.

I figured out how to disconnect the media portion of my phone, but keep the Bluetooth active. So that has pretty much solved my problem. It is not perfect, but it is much better than it was.

Quote Originally Posted by MainFrame View Post
    I'm not sure why you would be against rooting. All of my recent phones (Evo 4g, Evo 3D, and now Galaxy Note) have benefited greatly from root applications. Improved performance, and nearly doubled battery life on each device. Not to mention how great it is to be able to nandroid backup. If anything happens to the phone you can instantly restore everything exactly how it was, even onto another phone if yours was lost/stolen.
    Sorry, not to sidetrack but are you talking about doubling the note battery?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

I'm surprised people still use the android player anyway, the steering wheel controls don't even work with it, iirc.

Download 'double twist' from the Market and use that, and you'll have no more issues.

I Support ClubWRX
    you could also look into getting a task killer to stop unwanted processes from running. Granted, without rooting the phone, it will be a crippled task killer, but it will be able to completely stop running processes like the media player.
    Stink-Eye Mob #39
    N.E.R.D. Operative #8

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 722ish View Post
    Sorry, not to sidetrack but are you talking about doubling the note battery?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2
    Yes....if you root the phone, remove all the unused/unneeded aps, and make a few other small adjustments you can significantly improve battery life of most smart phones. This can either be done manually, or by replacing the ROM with a custom ROM that has it all done for you.
    Stink-Eye Mob #39
    N.E.R.D. Operative #8

I did have a task killer, but one day one of the tasks it started killing was the internal app to run the cell antenna. Not good. So I did a factory reset and only reinstalled the apps that I actually use. That alone doubled my battery life.

I Support ClubWRX
    I was not meaning one of those task killers that you keep running in the back ground to manage your phone, but one that you start, kill processes, then kill the task killer. The one I use is called ES Task Manager, and it works great....it can even change what aps start at startup if you reboot your phone.
    Stink-Eye Mob #39
    N.E.R.D. Operative #8

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.