Search through iPOD faster via stock radio? (2012 WRX)

This is a discussion on Search through iPOD faster via stock radio? (2012 WRX) within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; So - maybe I'm a complete idiot, but I cannot figure out how to search through Artist or Songs quickly ...

Search through iPOD faster via stock radio? (2012 WRX)

So - maybe I'm a complete idiot, but I cannot figure out how to search through Artist or Songs quickly when I hook my iPOD up through the USB connection. I have 1000+ albums on my iPOD so getting to the middle of the alphabet is really tedious and time consuming via the scroll wheel on the stock radio. Any thoughts or suggestions on how to search faster? I know I could use the AUX plug, but that kind of defeats the purpose of having an iPOD interface...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I agree, it kind of sucks. I used the AUX once or twice and I don't think it sounds as good as the USB input. Plus I had to turn the volume way up to hear it.

I've messed around with it myself and I couldn't find a faster way.. I just leave it in shuffle at this point and use steering wheel controls to skip songs..
    Subaru WRX 2011 Spark Silver Metallic

I know the first part I am going to replace when the warranty runs out.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricktalife View Post
    I know the first part I am going to replace when the warranty runs out.
    Why wait until the warranty is up for audio improvements? Go for it!
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

Not sure if your iPod has bluetooth or not (only the iPod Touches do), but I use my iPhone with it and you get the USB quality sound with the ability to pick songs on the phone itself, plus you obviously don't need a cable.

Quote Originally Posted by michaelwfox View Post
    Why wait until the warranty is up for audio improvements? Go for it!
    Well yea the warranty isn't really an issue I suppose, but I don't think I want to shell out the cash for a nice navi unit right now. I was also wondering if the factory kicker sub is compatible with aftermarket head units? I have no idea what type of connector it has, so if anybody knows then please pm me to keep from jacking this thread further lol.

Quote Originally Posted by TrozPSU View Post
    Not sure if your iPod has bluetooth or not (only the iPod Touches do), but I use my iPhone with it and you get the USB quality sound with the ability to pick songs on the phone itself, plus you obviously don't need a cable.
    Nice, I am actually using an iPod touch in my car and forgot they have bluetooth. I will have to test that out, thanks.

I Support ClubWRX
    Does the stock radio have the ability to look through iPod playlists? It can get time-consuming to sift through stuff on my Alpine HU; I put together playlists of things I want to get to quickly.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

I Support ClubWRX
    I can look through playlists on the HU on my '12. Infact thats the only thing i think its good for. Good luck searching for a specific song by an artists thats in the lower half of the alphabet. And Subaru forgot that we have to do all this scrolling while driving. Spend too much time changing lanes or shifting in the middle of a song or artist search and it times out and you start over again.

Its just a design flaw, but its just another reason to upgrade to a double din. Its just going to get tricky hooking up steering wheel audio and BT controls to aftermarket.
    '12 STi stage 2

Origin GT = impretzel
    Bf4

-JJ

Yea iPod playlists do show up, so that's an easy choice if you set one up before hand. I normally just select an artist and play all songs by them, so yea like pretzel said... it times out way too quick if you are trying to do it while driving.

The fastest way I found was just unplug it find the playlist or artist and then plug it in then steering wheel controls to change the song lol ...but yes still a hastle

Quote Originally Posted by john2378 View Post
    The fastest way I found was just unplug it find the playlist or artist and then plug it in then steering wheel controls to change the song lol ...but yes still a hastle
    sounds like a car accident to me lol

If you'd like, take the jailbreak route and get the tweak called noaccsplash which will bypass the "accessory connected" screen. Or you can use an iPod dock to aux cable that'll work on any ipod/iphone and give a slight increase in quality over aux http://www.amazon.com/KHOMO-iPhone-C.../dp/B005634RL4
    2006 Jetta - Sold
    2006 350z - Dad's DD
    2012 WRX - My awesome DD