Crappy sound from 2012 stock radio

This is a discussion on Crappy sound from 2012 stock radio within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; Everybody knows our radios sound like crap and the best thing we can do to remedy the situation is to ...

Crappy sound from 2012 stock radio

Everybody knows our radios sound like crap and the best thing we can do to remedy the situation is to replace the stock head unit with an aftermarket one.

However, I really like the functionality that the stock head unit provides and how seamless it integrates. So this morning I was driving in to work and played some music over Bluetooth to the head unit... It sounded AMAZING for stock speakers!! Seriously the difference between radio and BT audio was huge.

I was going to come on here and see if anybody has any suggestions/recommendations for a sound processor, but now I know that all I really need to do is play the music I want through Bluetooth.

P.S. I haven't even tried CD or Auxiliary port or iPod connection yet, but if they sound as good as BT audio does, I think I have no more worries. Thoughts?
    "Ah, it is the fault of our science that it wants to explain all; and if it explain not, then it says there is nothing to explain."
    -Van Helsing, from Bram Stoker's ​Dracula

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    JBL MS8 sound processor.It's what I'm using.Kept the stock HU.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Yeah I've noticed the same thing. The radio sounds pretty terrible in my car. BT is a lot better and I think the best sounding is actually the ipod hooked up through usb. If you use an equalizer with your BT device you can get it to sound pretty decent as well.

I agree. Big difference between radio and BT. I had originally planned to replace my HU, but since I mostly listen to BT, I haven't bothered. It's still not exactly audiophile quality, but my standards for car audio quality are a lot lower.

I Support ClubWRX
    the iPod sound is real good, as long as your recording is high quality with a high bit rate....even better one you replace the speakers.

The Sirius sound is pretty good as well....AM/FM is horrid, but I blame that mostly on the broadcast itself, those mediums are not really known for quality (of either the sound clarity, or their music selection)

The MS8 is an amazing option as well....I already have plans for that as soon as I am done buying a house.
    Stink-Eye Mob #39
    N.E.R.D. Operative #8