aftermarket sub with factory wiring
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on aftermarket sub with factory wiring within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; I've looked through wiring diagrams and other forums on how to wire in a sub using the factory wiring. My ...

I Support ClubWRX

aftermarket sub with factory wiring

I've looked through wiring diagrams and other forums on how to wire in a sub using the factory wiring. My understanding of new cars is that they are wiring for all or most the accessories such as a sub under the seat or for the hatch. Finally to my question, has anyone wired an aftermarket sub and amp with the factory wiring. please correct me if I'm wrong on any of this - still new to Subaru.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    I wired my car with a set of speakers and amp. No sub yet need to build the enclosure. I had to cut the wires crimp some ends and added some line out adapters. People have said to get the HU first that's where the main problem is with the WRX. The stock speakers are really not that bad. Im sure adding a sub would be similar. For my old car I just tapped into the one of the speakers. I know its not the correct thing to do but It worked.
    I decided to do the speakers first since I wanted the ipod,Bluetooth, and aux inputs as well as and the HU would be more then the speakers. I already have the subs from another project that never got done.
    Last edited by cflip2x; 04-25-2012 at 08:18 AM.

See I have the same question cept I have a under seat sub and was wondering if there's a way to use the harness from that to hook up a amp and sub?

Sent from my R800x using Tapatalk 2

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 04wrxnoob View Post
    See I have the same question cept I have a under seat sub and was wondering if there's a way to use the harness from that to hook up a amp and sub?

if its the one under the seat it should have its own built in amp. I dont know how it would sound if you used a better amp. Maybe just get a nicer low profile sub they have some on ebay

I Support ClubWRX
    Does anyone have pics of the factory sub/amp. Under the seat or in the trunk. My local dealer doesn't have any in stock

I Support ClubWRX
    I'm trying to get a decent sub with out changing head units. Basically because my car has 2000 miles on it. And I like the bluetooth alot. I have a couple subs laying around I've collected from friends so I'll try to figure something out. Post up if I figure something out.

I Support ClubWRX
    I'm not at work right now but I'll try to remember to run this by our accessory install technician and see if he has any pointers for you. As Alex mentioned you could jump wires from your rear speakers but that is not optimal.

I Support ClubWRX
    Thanks man I'd really appreciate some pointers.

I Support ClubWRX
    I put a sub in my car and got a piece that converts the speaker wire to rca and it worked like a charm.
    2011 Subaru WRX Premium
    1988 Ford Mustang GT
    2000 Jeep Wrangler TJ

Realy? Where did u get that converter and what's it called?

I Support ClubWRX
    2011 Subaru WRX Premium
    1988 Ford Mustang GT
    2000 Jeep Wrangler TJ

I Support ClubWRX
    i think also they have converters on crutchfield and sites like that
    2011 Subaru WRX Premium
    1988 Ford Mustang GT
    2000 Jeep Wrangler TJ

I Support ClubWRX
    I'm not sure about the base H/U, but the navi one from 2011 models (what I have) has an amp out in the back....it is not RCA or anything, but I you can get the amp out pigtail and splice in RCAs.

This thread at NASIOC has all the stock unit info, pictures of the backs, and pin-out info Stock headunits

And you can buy just about all the pigtails for all Subaru units cheaply here if you are missing what you need. Subaru radio and radio wiring harness information
    Stink-Eye Mob #39
    N.E.R.D. Operative #8

And I just splice that in with the speaker wires on the HU and plug in my amp?

I Support ClubWRX
    If your HU has a sub out, then you splice the RCA to those, then run RCA to your amp.....if you don't have sub out, you could splice the RCA to the rear speaker outs and run RCA to your amp.

And technically speaking, you could buy both the forward and reverse pigtails ($12-$16 each, depending on year) from ae64 and build yourself an adapter before you start....something to plug your harness into that plugs into the HU
    Stink-Eye Mob #39
    N.E.R.D. Operative #8

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast