aftermarket sub with factory wiring - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on aftermarket sub with factory wiring within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; If you have the navi HU, this thread is real helpful....and the ae64 guy said he can make you the ...

I Support ClubWRX
    If you have the navi HU, this thread is real helpful....and the ae64 guy said he can make you the pinned wires missing so that you can add a sub to the sub-out factory harness

Subwoofer & Navi - NASIOC
    Stink-Eye Mob #39
    N.E.R.D. Operative #8

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I have a 04 wrx and I bought a underseat sub and hooked it up

Sent from my R800x using Tapatalk 2

I Support ClubWRX
    well, if you already have the under seat factory sub, and it is hooked up and working, you would unplug the cable from the sub, and then use an adapter to convert that wiring to an amp.....this one might work, you would need to compare your cable to this socket.

Wiring Harness for Subaru subwoofer harness

If that does not match the wires your current sub harness has, you could simply cut off the plastic jack and splice your leads/RCAs off the factory sub harness wires.
    Stink-Eye Mob #39
    N.E.R.D. Operative #8

I Support ClubWRX
    so say i don't use the speaker wire from the rear speakers ( although considering ), i read on a nasioc forum that the sub wire adapter ( t fitting ) doesn't come installed from the factory. now, i realize this guy could be wrong but I'm hoping someone has a definite answer on this. id prefer not to rip my entire car apart to install a wire harness from the HU to the rear of the car. but it is doable for me.

I Support ClubWRX
    OK, so you would acquire a 'T harness' (by either buying a used one, buying from the dealer...though I think it is only available if you got the whole sub kit....or you could make one using the pigtails from ae64).

Once this is in your possession, you would:

1) pull out your HU
    2) feed the 'T harness' wire through the HU opening in the dash and out through the bottom of the dash
    3) plug your 'T harness' into the HU
    4) plug your factory wiring harness into the 'T harness'
    5) reinstall the HU
    6) disassemble the center console
    7) secure the long part of the 'T harness' that is hanging from behind the dash to the area covered by the center console
    8) reassemble the center console over the secured harness....leaving the end poking out, leading under either driver's or passenger's seat
    9) install amp under same seat
    10) run post-amp speaker wires out from under the other side of the seat....under door-sill trim to back of car
    11) install sub/sub-enclosure in back of car.

DONE
    Stink-Eye Mob #39
    N.E.R.D. Operative #8

I Support ClubWRX
    I would order the Breakout Harness It would make for a cleaner install. If you just buy a generic one from ebay you wont receive the steering wheel controls.

I Support ClubWRX
    Impressive, thanks!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by cflip2x View Post
    I would order the Breakout Harness It would make for a cleaner install. If you just buy a generic one from ebay you wont receive the steering wheel controls.
    nice catch....I didn't even see that one on their site (originally) as they have so damn many harnesses/pigtails/adapters
    Stink-Eye Mob #39
    N.E.R.D. Operative #8

Ok so on the factory under seat sub T harness what wires do I splice to add RCA to?

Sent from my R800x using Tapatalk 2

I Support ClubWRX
    This post at IWSTI has the pin-out info for the stock t harness.

You would want to splice one RCA to 'Right Rear +' and 'Right Rear -'....the other RCA to 'Left Rear +' and 'Left Rear -' for the sound signal to get to the amp.

You would want to run new wires for + and ground to power the amp itself.

Connect the harness ground wires to the amp ground.

Connect the '+12V remote on' (if there is one) to the amp (many amps have a place for the on signal)...if either your amp does not have a signal on input, or your harness does not have the signal on lead, you would want to make sure your amp power is coming from a location that is activated by the key being turned on rather than direct from the battery......or you *could* install a power switch in your dash that cuts power to the amp if you choose, though that is not 'correct', strictly speaking.
    Stink-Eye Mob #39
    N.E.R.D. Operative #8

I Support ClubWRX
    My accessory tech also said to look into a conversion harness online but said that he would just order the kicker sub from subaru (of course)

I Support ClubWRX
    Honestly, you can get much better quality than Kicker for the same money....just say'n....especially when you factor in the Subaru parts markup.
    Stink-Eye Mob #39
    N.E.R.D. Operative #8

I Support ClubWRX
    Just installed my aftermarket amp and sub using my factory head unit. Super easy install I'm very happy with outcome.

All I needed to order ( since I had the sub/box and amp ) was a breakout harness and speaker wire to RCA converted.

The breakout harness was perfect for the install, and super easy. All the wires were labeled so wiring the speaker wire to rca's converter and the remote wire was easy.

Put the amp under the seat and ran the speaker wire to the sub. You can't even tell I have a sub until I turn up the music.

Here's the breakout harness: http://ae64.com/20-pincombinedharness.htm

And the speaker wire to RCA converter:
    http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewi...d=200659452988
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1336867299.771777.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	148.6 KB 
ID:	104816
    Attachment 104817

Oh yeah this is a temp box. It's far to large.

I Support ClubWRX
    nice job
    Stink-Eye Mob #39
    N.E.R.D. Operative #8

I Support ClubWRX
    Looks good, but the box is too big for my taste
    2011 Subaru WRX Premium
    1988 Ford Mustang GT
    2000 Jeep Wrangler TJ

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.