Please help me choose an amp.
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Please help me choose an amp. within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; I have a 2011 WRX hatchback and would like to put an amp under the hatch floor just to the ...

Please help me choose an amp.

I have a 2011 WRX hatchback and would like to put an amp under the hatch floor just to the right of the spare (after removing the foam) and use the factory H/U. There is not a whole lot of ventilation under the floor (hence the class "D" and fan). I could always make a custom floor with vents if need be. The amp will be running components in the front doors and a 10" sub in an AI enclosure.

In my perfect world (haha), this is what I would like:

3, 4 or 5 channel

75 - 125 watts RMS/channel at 4ohms, and 200 - 300 wRMS/4 ohms for the sub

No bigger than 12" x 8" x 2.5" (roughly)

Class "D"

Cooling fan

Remote bass/sub control knob

Signal sensing turn on - I don't have to dig out the factory H/U to find a turn on signal.

Speaker level inputs

Obviously I'm having a hard time finding this amp. I know I can get aftermarket remote bass knobs but that would entail also getting a LOC and I'm concerned about how those will affect the sound.

Would a class "D" be ok without a fan?

I appreciate any and all opinions. Thank you.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Al & Ed's Autosound - JL Audio Full-Range Class D 2/3/4 Channel Amplifier

That should be fine for an under-seat amplifier, and would be sufficient for a JL 10W3, which isn't too expensive / power hungry.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Quote Originally Posted by EJ257 View Post
    Al & Ed's Autosound - JL Audio Full-Range Class D 2/3/4 Channel Amplifier

That should be fine for an under-seat amplifier, and would be sufficient for a JL 10W3, which isn't too expensive / power hungry.
    That is a nice amp but I want to put it under the hatch floor, not the seat. Doesn't have a fan, speaker level inputs or signal sensing turn-on either.

The Arc Audio KS125.4 mini has all the features I'm looking for except the remote bass control. If anyone knows how to add one to this amp, I'm all ears!

OR

Is the remote bass control that big of a deal to have?

For a factory head unit, the remote bass knob sometimes helps. I prefer remote gain on the subwoofer channel over remote bass and you can add a PAC LC1 that will give you remote gain ability: Amazon.com: PAC LC1 Remote Amplifier Level Controller: Automotive

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.