Question on OEM Subwoofer hookup to Aftermarket HU

This is a discussion on Question on OEM Subwoofer hookup to Aftermarket HU within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; We just installed an AVH4100DVD on my 09 STI and I have a factory subwoofer that is underseat. I saw ...

ClubWRX.net Vendor adam@kronosperformance's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX

Question on OEM Subwoofer hookup to Aftermarket HU

We just installed an AVH4100DVD on my 09 STI and I have a factory subwoofer that is underseat. I saw that there is a 2nd harness that would plug into the factory head unit but of course there isn't a plug in on the Pioneer Head Unit.

Is there a way to get it to work correctly on an aftermarket head unit?
    ClubWRX.net's #1 Vendor! www.kronosperformance.com sales@kronosperformance.com Call/Text 732-742-8837 We Offer a Military Discount
    Our Facebook | Our Twitter | Our Instagram | Our Pinterest
    Our featured brands
    RALLY ARMOR | BC RACING | PERRIN | MISHIMOTO | GRIMMSPEED

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Hey I just upgraded my Audio but kept the OEM sub and added anthoer oem sub for each seat. If you take them apart you can see what is the left,right,power,ground etc from the PCB board. I have the power going to the battery and the left and right spliced in from the rear speakers. You could just get a rca connector to go to the back of the deck. Hope this helps **********D
    STAGE 1 IS MORE FUN BUT STAGE 2 THERE'S MORE TO DO

Registered User GarrettKoonsman's Avatar
    slightly off topic but reason you went with the 4100 instead of the 4300 or even new 4400? I have found the newer models to be cheaper actually and they have a lot more features
    2003 Midnight Black Pearl WRX Sedan
    200.7 AWHP Protuned Stage 2 at 5400ft above sea level
    Bugeye Mafia Member #225
    Mods
    Pics

I Support ClubWRX
    On my '03, I have a pioneer deck and OEM sub. The OEM sub harness piggybacked onto the regular stereo connector, so I just plugged one side of the sub harness into the factory harness and then plugged my pioneer to OEM adaptor into the the other side of the sub harness. Worked perfectly. Are the newer sub harnesses different?

As an aside, with this arrangement, I had no subwoofer control from the HU, just the controls on the sub itself. I just got an infinity basslink, which will use the RCA outputs on the HU itself, and gives me a bit more subwoofer setting control.
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

The pursuit of knowledge is hopeless and eternal... Hooray!!! - Professor Farnsworth

ClubWRX.net Vendor adam@kronosperformance's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by dolson1120 View Post
    Hey I just upgraded my Audio but kept the OEM sub and added anthoer oem sub for each seat. If you take them apart you can see what is the left,right,power,ground etc from the PCB board. I have the power going to the battery and the left and right spliced in from the rear speakers. You could just get a rca connector to go to the back of the deck. Hope this helps **********D
    Are there RCA connectors on the OEM Subwoofer?
    ClubWRX.net's #1 Vendor! www.kronosperformance.com sales@kronosperformance.com Call/Text 732-742-8837 We Offer a Military Discount
    Our Facebook | Our Twitter | Our Instagram | Our Pinterest
    Our featured brands
    RALLY ARMOR | BC RACING | PERRIN | MISHIMOTO | GRIMMSPEED