WRX Limited premium sound system with 10" subwoofer.

This is a discussion on WRX Limited premium sound system with 10" subwoofer. within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; Hi, I was just wondering if anyone has a newer wrx with the premium system with the 10" subwoofer, wondering ...

Question WRX Limited premium sound system with 10" subwoofer.

Hi, I was just wondering if anyone has a newer wrx with the premium system with the 10" subwoofer, wondering how good it is and the amount of watts in the total system. In simpler terms..does the bass thump at all?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    The subwoofer is underpowered for what you spend on it.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

I Support ClubWRX
    IMHO Subaru sound systems in the impreza suck for what you pay. In the interest of full disclosure I haven't personally checked out the latest model years system very closely but I suspect I'm not far from the mark on them.

The "premium" system in my WRX was a big disappointment. When I went to my STi I got no factory radio at all and spent my money on aftermarket.
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJ
    IMHO Subaru sound systems in the impreza suck for what you pay.
    spent my money on aftermarket.
    Aftermarket will be cheaper and sound better than factory upgrades.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Quote Originally Posted by EJ257 View Post
    Aftermarket will be cheaper and sound better than factory upgrades.
    + Infinity...and beyond.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning

I Support ClubWRX
    The factory kicker sub is insanely expensive & not worth it.Look into an Audio Integrations sub enclosure & sub of your choice.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

I don't care for the non-nav stock system in my 2012 WRX Premium. In lieu of giving the dealership $2,000 for the nav HU, I'm just going to get the Alpine INA-W910 and build my sound system around that.

On our '12 wrx premium we got the kicker sub and it is nice and not under powered for our needs...but then we dont go around the streets with the rattling windows..we had the underseat sub in the '09 and that was a waste..but this system after setting the eq and other settings, sounds very good..yes its not like many that could be installed but good...i do plan on changing the door speakers when i get time and even maybe adding the old planet 4 channel tube amp that i have a couple of along with the older top of the line copper bus board kenwood head unit but not yet..jeff

Yeah, I would love to go with aftermarket amps and subwoofers, but if I get a new 2012 wrx limited...I don't wanna void my warranty. But if the premium system and 10" kicker sub sounds good but not to the point where i'm going deaf, i'm ok with it. If I found a good used 2011 on the other hand..i'd go aftermarket because there would be no warranty.

No warranty can be "void." Warranty work can only be denied if an issue is found to be directly caused by whatever modification was made. That being said, let's face it...what are you going to break by putting in an upgraded sound system?
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning

Another questions to those who have the premiums system with the 10" woofer...how many watts is the whole system?

Crutchfield

Quote Originally Posted by JP_ComeAtmebro View Post
    Hi, I was just wondering if anyone has a newer wrx with the premium system with the 10" subwoofer, wondering how good it is and the amount of watts in the total system. In simpler terms..does the bass thump at all?
    Crutchfield has powered subwoofers check them out