thinking of upgrading audio system

This is a discussion on thinking of upgrading audio system within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; Hey as the title says I am thinking of upgrading my audio system in my 2007 wrx. I am wondering ...

thinking of upgrading audio system

Hey as the title says I am thinking of upgrading my audio system in my 2007 wrx. I am wondering what y'all would reccomend without totally breaking the bank. Im really not sure on the price I want to spend at the moment so let's say no more than $150.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Headunit
    Subwoofer/amplifier
    Component speakers (front)

In that order...
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Yeah thanks, But i am more looking for some recommendations for the set up. Like what brand.

many are quality brands out now...do you want just a head unit for music or an all encompassing Nav Unit or something? Media player? Ipod connection? Something that can play Pandora off an Iphone?

I love Pioneer head units. Their GUIs are some of the better looking and more responsive IMO...in your 2007, I'd definitely look into any of their Double-DIN units. Look on Amazon and even Crutchfield to see user reviews of things.

Components, there are also just so much out there that are good quality. Figure out your price range, then look at reviews.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Thanks I appreciate the quick reply. I really want new speakers and such, im really accustom to the bose system in my mom avalanche and so the sound quality is a bug difference so that's why I am looking. Ill check out reviews and such thanks. Would it be necessary for me to replace the stereo for better sound?

Check this one out...Pioneer AVH-P4300DVD DVD receiver at Crutchfield.com

Pioneer makes it and it's not a bad price for what it is. It allows you to connect and iPod/iPhone and controle the device. The user interface is great and if you wire in a simple relay, you can watch videos while driving :-).
    That awkward moment when you realize that an energy drink company has a better space program than your country...

I have a sub and speakers for sale of you are interested!
    Zak
    Stink Eye Mob #35
    '09 WRX Hatch
    COBB Accessport: TP Stage 1 Tune
    3" COBB Single Tip Catback, COBB Shortshifter, 1/2 Bilstein Lowering Springs, Perrin Strut, Whiteline Sways, 18x7.5 Enkei Ev05

Hey thanks for the responses. The pioneer video thing is meh, I don't really need the video, more of a distraction than anything. I'd like something with siriusxm but other than that i am really not to much into a new stereo unless i need one.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Abschatten
    Thanks I appreciate the quick reply. I really want new speakers and such, im really accustom to the bose system in my mom avalanche and so the sound quality is a bug difference so that's why I am looking. Ill check out reviews and such thanks. Would it be necessary for me to replace the stereo for better sound?
    Speakers are a personal preference. Everyone will have different tastes. Burn 15-20 songs varying throughout your entire music selection to a disc, and hit up a local car audio store (Best Buy works, but they don't have the selection a specialty store would) and listen to their various setups. Choose the one that plays your music best.

Aftermarket headunits will allow some added tuneability to get the sound where you want it. At your budget of $150, this will make the biggest difference, and is my recommendation for where you should start.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Agreed with Matty above...headunit is the most logical first choice. If the signal getting to the speakers is garbage, then what good are upgrading the speakers?
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Alright thanks a lot guys appreciate the input.