Polk speakers with hifonics amp?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Polk speakers with hifonics amp? within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; Last year I replaced my speakers on my 04 wrx with Polk db521s 5.25" in the front with db401 4" ...

Polk speakers with hifonics amp?

Last year I replaced my speakers on my 04 wrx with Polk db521s 5.25" in the front with db401 4" in the rear running off my pioneer avic d3 head unit that's rated 50w x 4. I'm planning on replacing the front speakers with Polk mm5251 5.25" components that are 90w RMS at 2.7 ohms and wanted to run them and possibly the rear speakers which are 45w at 4 ohms off an amp. My brother has a hifonics zues zxi80.4 that he doesn't need anymore. It's rated at 160 x 4 at 2 ohms and 80 x 4 at 4 ohms and 320w x 2 mono bridged at 2 ohms I was wondering if I'd be able to run the fronts and rears together off the amp or if it would even be possible with this amp? Just want to figure out my options for an amp before I buy anything. Also would it be possible to run the components and a subwoofer bridged over the other channels and just keep running my rear speakers off the headunit. Can anyone help me I'm lost
    Last edited by dbcky00; 01-16-2012 at 05:09 PM.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.