iPhone 4S + Bluetooth - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on iPhone 4S + Bluetooth within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; hrm..... something is amiss here.... Which HU do you have nav/non-nav? It almost sounds like it is stuck in the ...

I Support ClubWRX
    hrm..... something is amiss here.... Which HU do you have nav/non-nav?

It almost sounds like it is stuck in the part of removing the BT idents.
    Stink-Eye Mob #39
    N.E.R.D. Operative #8

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by DemonWRX View Post
    hrm..... something is amiss here.... Which HU do you have nav/non-nav?

It almost sounds like it is stuck in the part of removing the BT idents.
    It's very frustrating! I have the stock non nav HU.

Currently nothing in the memory reg that I can tell. It will initially connect and read my iPhone named "iPhone" but then after I shut it off and then back on its gone and can't connect unless I reset the connection or delete re add etc

Any way to "reset" the Bluetooth memory? Maybe I'll pull the battery
    2011 OBP WRX::Invidia Catless DP::Cobb CAI::TP 93 STG2::KB STS::Perrin Sways::

I Support ClubWRX
    Looks like you may need to re-name the phone (odd right?).... here is the other thread that had all that info in it...

Got Iphone4 replacement doesnt seem to be pairing correctly with bluetooth now
    Stink-Eye Mob #39
    N.E.R.D. Operative #8

Quote Originally Posted by brew04 View Post
    In the bluetooth connection options for the pairing with your HU, you should be able to choose to be a headset or media player or both. If you choose only headset, when your phone detects the car it shouldn't start your iTunes and start playing music. At least this is how it works with my Samsung Charge and its media player.
    I'll look into that, I just got my iPhone 4S, once it's ready I'll try to pair it to the car.
    ~::2011 Subaru Impreza WRX Limited WRB::~

No didn't work.
    ~::2011 Subaru Impreza WRX Limited WRB::~

Quote Originally Posted by DemonWRX View Post
    Looks like you may need to re-name the phone (odd right?).... here is the other thread that had all that info in it...

Got Iphone4 replacement doesnt seem to be pairing correctly with bluetooth now
    Great info.

I tried it by renaming via the phone itself. Didn't work. I'll try by renaming via iTunes and try again

I Support ClubWRX
    I had that issue with my phone when I switched from the 4 to the 4S, I had to go in and totally delete them, then it had that pairing issue, I reset the phone with bluetooth disabled and then re found the phone and it worked just fine.

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

Quote Originally Posted by T0rque View Post
    I had that issue with my phone when I switched from the 4 to the 4S, I had to go in and totally delete them, then it had that pairing issue, I reset the phone with bluetooth disabled and then re found the phone and it worked just fine.
    reset as in wiped clean? Or reset as in hard reset home and of button?

I Support ClubWRX
    Somebody sort this out quick.I need to buy me a phone.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

I Support ClubWRX
    reset with home/off button while blue tooth is disabled

reset with home/off button while blue tooth is disabled
    Tried this tonight. Turned off bluetooth, oddly enough after the reboot BT was enabled.

Still not working. I may just do a restore on the iPhone. My iPhone 4 was VZW and my 4S sprint. Has me wondering hardware maybe? I dont know!

I Support ClubWRX
    weird, is it version ios 5.0.1?

Mine works great.. sorry to rub it in

weird, is it version ios 5.0.1?

Mine works great.. sorry to rub it in
    Hahaha you bastard. Here is the version #. I am going to try one more time. Reset everything hard reset my iPhone. And if that doesn't work I may try to see if I can return it for another.

i was having this same problem when i switched from 4 to 4s. I researched around and found that to get it to work right (auto connect) you have to use the steering wheel controls and go through the spoken menus to completely delete your old phone. Then, again using the steering wheel controls, go through the menus to set up a new phone...new name, new passkey and everything. I was originally trying to pair my phone through the menu on the actual head unit and then i was having to manually connect every time i started the car. So make sure you use the bluetooth controls on the steering wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by kyky489 View Post
    i was having this same problem when i switched from 4 to 4s. I researched around and found that to get it to work right (auto connect) you have to use the steering wheel controls and go through the spoken menus to completely delete your old phone. Then, again using the steering wheel controls, go through the menus to set up a new phone...new name, new passkey and everything. I was originally trying to pair my phone through the menu on the actual head unit and then i was having to manually connect every time i started the car. So make sure you use the bluetooth controls on the steering wheel.
    Worked!!! There were two stored devices, deleted them this way. Which is odd because they weren't there if I did it on the stereo

Anyways, thank you!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.