2012 STI Stereo

This is a discussion on 2012 STI Stereo within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; I traded my 09 STI in on the weekend for a 2012 model and thought it would be straight forward ...

2012 STI Stereo

I traded my 09 STI in on the weekend for a 2012 model and thought it would be straight forward to pull out the OEM HU and replace it with the after market one I had in the 09 but am having problems.

Seems the wiring harness attached to the 2012 HU is very tight and so the HU cannot be pulled out far enough for me to get around the back to pull out the connections.

I tried pulling out the air vent diverter just below but this doesn't give enough room to get in behind the HU from below.

Has anyone changed a 2012 STI/WRX HU and able to give me some help/tips/pics or ???

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I had the same issue with my 2011. Once you pull out that plastic air vent diverter you just have to reach behind and unclip the cables it a real pain but once it's off, you can untape some of the cables so that they can stretch further. Or you can just pull and hope some of the tape comes loose. The cable are long enough.

see if you can get a buddy with smaller paws to get in there after the air vent is removed.

they had to get it IN there somehow.. you'll be able to get it out... might just have to get creative with it. Just remember if you start getting frustrated take a breather and come back to it.. frustration leads to broken stuff.
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    My name is Shawn, I'm a Devout Practicalist and I'm addicted to flat4's
    This page has had 1,666 visits
    SUCH IS MANGO!