New WRX Stereo

This is a discussion on New WRX Stereo within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; Hi Guy's I am looking at buying a new WRX Sedan (without sat nav) 2011 model and was wanting to ...

New WRX Stereo

Hi Guy's I am looking at buying a new WRX Sedan (without sat nav) 2011 model and was wanting to make the stereo my first upgrade. I know only the basics about stereos but can wire them up ECT and was wanting some advice.

I want all alpine gear as I believe it has the quality I want (anyone jump in here at any time)

Head unit
    Alpine Electronics of Australia

SWC module
    AXXESS SWC module

Now this is where it becomes hard for me thats it. I want a kick arse system but don't know where to go from here. I want 2 10" subs in the boot 6" splits in the front and the same in the back doors (or whatever size the WRX 2011 runs in the front and back will not know until I get it and dissect it) all running off Amps. My biggest problem is matching things up I don't understand how to match the RMS (which I believe is the "Real Watts") Ohms with dual voice coils or wether or not I should run the amp off a separate Amp to the splits and even if I should run the 2 sets of splits of separate amps ? or what size amps. It is all to bloody confusing. Hoping someone out there in the land of audio can give me a bum steer in the right direction

Cheers.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

ANYONE ?

I Support ClubWRX
    Is your goal sound quality or to show off / bragging rights?

If you want SQ, stick to a single 10 or 12" sub in a proper sealed enclosure. Get component speakers for the front. Skip rear speakers and spend the money on proper sound deadening.

For technical information (you mentioned RMS in your post):
    http://www.bcae1.com/

Alpine is a good brand, but there are other options that may be better. Go to your local car audio store and listen to the various options with your music. See what speakers your ears best. For the H/U, play with all of them. See which interface you like best.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
    Last edited by EJ257; 11-01-2011 at 04:52 AM.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC