Stereo amp placement - Sedan

This is a discussion on Stereo amp placement - Sedan within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; Under the seat has those nifty little rear seat foot vents. I was thinking that the standard placement of an ...

Stereo amp placement - Sedan

Under the seat has those nifty little rear seat foot vents. I was thinking that the standard placement of an amp under the seat might be a bad idea if I ever run the heater. An amp needs to cool off, but if I have heat blowing on it that doesn't help the case much. My amp has a temperature kill sensor to protect it, but it'd still be annoying to be enjoying music on a cold winter commute and zap, no subs.

Has anyone else placed their amp under there seat? Any problems? If you put it elsewhere, where did you put it?

Also, I don't know how pertinent this is, but it's not a super powerful amp. It's an RF 300w single channel.
    2010 Subaru WRX

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I have a JL HD900/5 under the driver seat. no problems yet.
    2011 WRX Limited - Dark Grey Metallic
    [Cobb stage 2 93+ SF Intake] [Invidia Catted DP] [SMY Gauge Cluster w/Boost and Volt Gauges] [Monkeybone Racing Heater Vent Gauge Panel w/Oil Pressure and Temp Gauges]
    [Cobb Heatshield] [Kartboy SS] [Weathertech Floorliners] [Hardwired V1 w/Remote Display] [Complete Aftermarket Audio System] [Lighted WRX fender badges]