Has anyone fit 3" deep 6.5" speakers in their doors?

This is a discussion on Has anyone fit 3" deep 6.5" speakers in their doors? within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; I want to get started on installing my audio equipment and I was wondering for those of you that have ...

Has anyone fit 3" deep 6.5" speakers in their doors?

I want to get started on installing my audio equipment and I was wondering for those of you that have bought spacers if you are running mid bass that are 3" deep? These 6.5 Universal Speaker Adapter Ring Set- Subaru 96-09, Saab 92x look to fit up to 2.95". And these Subaru Impreza 08+ Door Speaker Spacers - Interior Accessories don't say how deep but you have the option to go up to a 3/4" ring. Any help from someone that has gone through this already will be greatly appreciated.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMAG0426.jpg  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Go with the 3/4" and you'll have plenty of room. I'm using these with a 3/4" spacer:
    Dayton Audio RS180-4 7" Reference Woofer 4 Ohm 295-374

The problem I've run into is the woofer will hit the inside of the door panel if it has much travel and you don't have a sub to run your bass separately.
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

Quote Originally Posted by SamXp View Post
    Go with the 3/4" and you'll have plenty of room. I'm using these with a 3/4" spacer:
    Dayton Audio RS180-4 7" Reference Woofer 4 Ohm 295-374
    Dimensions: A: 7-1/8", B: 5-3/4", C: 3".

Is the C: 3" the depth measurement?

Sent from tapatalk.
    2011 Base WRX

Quote Originally Posted by Hoofhearted View Post
    Dimensions: A: 7-1/8", B: 5-3/4", C: 3".

Is the C: 3" the depth measurement?

Sent from tapatalk.
    Yes

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by teflon_jones View Post
    The problem I've run into is the woofer will hit the inside of the door panel if it has much travel and you don't have a sub to run your bass separately.

Yep.. my speakers fit fine depth wise, but with the spacers the cone surround would make contact with the door panel. I ended up taking a utility knife to my door panel and was able to remove just enough material to alleviate the problem.

Do you have these setup in the back doors? And what are you running them with? Did you take a look at the Kicker 6.5" shallow mounts as well before deciding on the Daytons?
    WRX MY11 SSHB, SPT STS & KB STS,REDLINE BOOTS,KENWOOD KIV-BT901,HAT I61-2 as coaxial FRT, Dayton Audio RS180-4-7 rear, 8" Arc audio subwoofer 2ohm , powered by XDi805 Arc Audio.

Quote Originally Posted by Kankin View Post
    Do you have these setup in the back doors? And what are you running them with? Did you take a look at the Kicker 6.5" shallow mounts as well before deciding on the Daytons?
    They are going in the front doors. A member from nasioc made me some spacers to the CDT specs for the es-620. They will be powered with a old school kicker zr360.

Sent from tapatalk.
    2011 Base WRX

2011 Base WRX

I Support ClubWRX
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Ah ok cool! Sam did you fit the Daytons on the back doors?
    WRX MY11 SSHB, SPT STS & KB STS,REDLINE BOOTS,KENWOOD KIV-BT901,HAT I61-2 as coaxial FRT, Dayton Audio RS180-4-7 rear, 8" Arc audio subwoofer 2ohm , powered by XDi805 Arc Audio.

Why would you run those in the back doors? Run good speakers in the front doors and filler speakers in the rear. You have less space in the rears so unless you're prepared to chop a hole through your door panel so the woofer can travel enough, it isn't going to work.
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

Or better yet don't run any speakers in the rear.

Sent from tapatalk.
    2011 Base WRX

That's why I wanted to run these in the back as a filler for some mid bass and run some better coaxial or components in the front, so I take it that these will be too deep for the back doors even with a spacer?