Subaru WRX Forum banner

Speaker Spacers

2K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  EJ257 
#1 ·
Hey guys,
I was just wondering what some of you do for spacers for your aftermarket speakers. Did you buy them somewhere or make them yourselves? if so what did you use? i tried to make my own, but I feel like theyre going to fall apart pretty soon.
Any help is great! :)

#2 ·
From what I remember when I put mine in... The back ddnt need spacers and the fronts did... I took a hammer to the oem speakers and cut it just enough so the new speaker would fit in its place and taped it in there really well to #liminate viborations...

#3 ·
In my old STi I had plastic spacers that came with the speakers. Most people use particle board and just cut them out themselves.

#8 ·
Thanks guys this was really helpful. I had another question about some sound dampening material to cover the door with. Is it worth buying some or is there a way you could buy some type of similar material from home depot or something and does it really help?

#9 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.